Brand of Vent Visor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the auto vent shade (AVS), in channel type. What do you have? Which is the most popular Brand of Window Vent Visor?

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using Weathertech - had them on my '97 Hoe. when I got the '07, went with some off brand from ebay and I guess you get what you pay for - they were a piece of crap. I only live about 20 minutes from their facilities in Downers Grove, Illinois so I drove there and talked with their rep. I asked about the difference between the smoke and dark - he said it depends on the color of the vehicle and window tint - the darker the vehicle color and window tint, you can go with the darker ones. In my case, since I have a white Tahoe and factory tint only the rear doors, it would be a better blend to go with the smoke - lighter color. After buying them, he even came out and installed them in like two minutes. I highly recommend them!

Just my $.02.

Visors1.jpg

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment, and the picture. I can't see the front window. Does the Vent Visor come down in front of the side view mirrors? In other words, is the visor have three angles or is is just two. I want ones, that stop at the top of the mirror.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putco Element - pretty nice

I dunno if you're into chrome or not, but Putco makes nice in-channel chrome ones ("Element") that stop at the mirror. Check the link in my sig. They also have smoked ones in the same style. I wanted the "lowest profile" I could find in an in-channel design and chrome finish, and the Element visors definitely fit the bill. The Putco website shows all the versions... Nice product, nice price.

gundog

Reaction score
I have the Weathertech's on my 07 Yukon. I ordered them from Cabela's and saved $10.00. The Cabela brand is actually Weathertech and are dropped shipped from Weathertech. They also have the Weathertech logo on them and not the Cabela's logo as shown in the Cabela's catalog. I ordered the dark tint as I prefer the extra protection from the sun. They fit perfectly and look good.

Last edited:

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment, and the picture. I can't see the front window. Does the Vent Visor come down in front of the side view mirrors? In other words, is the visor have three angles or is is just two. I want ones, that stop at the top of the mirror.

The fronts come all the way down of the window and sit on the top of the sill - the bottom portion doesn't go into the channel - I will try to get a pic of what I am talking about for tomorrow. They do not interfere with the mirrors - I always fold mine in when I go into the garage and there is no interference - same with lowering and raising the windows.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Weathertech's on my 07 Yukon. I ordered them from Cabela's and saved $10.00. The Cabela brand is actually Weathertech and are dropped shipped from Weathertech. They also have the Weathertech logo on them and not the Cabela's logo as shown in the Cabela's catalog. I ordered the dark tint as I prefer the extra protection from the sun. They fit perfectly and look good.

Weathertech's on mine too along with their Bug Deflector.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call and check into a mix and match set, smoke in the front and dark for the rear. They blend into the window tint and almost disappear. I'm going that route. Saw it on another site.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyones comments. I ordered a set of the smoke Putco "Element" Visors. I was able to get the set of 4, for $48.00. If anyone else is interested, they are on sale at Amazon.com and have a lifetime warranty.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have AVS. I keep it simple and they look awesome on my Tahoe!!! Man, when will I ever get to posting pics??? :confused2:

After perusing the auto stores after I bought my vent visors, I've noticed that for this NBS, there are two different type of AVS shades for the 07/08... The ones I purchased curve inward as the trim approaches the side mirror (which I like very much--looks stylish). The ones I'm seeing in the stores now go all the way down and curve inward right @ the side mirrors... Looks a little "uglier", bulkier, to me... I much prefer the stylish cut as oppose to the "look the way it has to to be functional" one...IMO

Last edited:

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had a set of vent shade which is the same company as avs on about every truck ive owned. all of which were the regular styles. i finally took mine off my 2500hd and put inchannels on and from now on im going with inchannels. they wont leave that stupid ahesive on ur paint and they tuck in closer to the body

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...they wont leave that stupid ahesive on ur paint and they tuck in closer to the body

:yesnod: :iagree: :yesnod:

Tighter to the body looks MUCH better, and works just as well IMO. Leave the "hunky" / "chunky" / "AutoZone Special" look for the Fords... :D

corvhoe7795

Reaction score
It's been a while for this thread, but hopefully I can revive it. I've had standard AVS visors on my 95 tahoe 4 door since I bought it in 2008. Yesterday I just removed them. They were brittle and one was broken from a hail storm. It took alot of chemical persuasion (laquer thinner used in moderation) then polishing to resore the shine.
It looks as good as new and I'm not sure I want to go with the standard mount ones again. Any thoughts on the "in channel" type. Most likely I'll stick with the Made in USA Auto Ventshade brand. Any issues with the window seating all the way up?? I would think the fit would be tighter with the shade taking up channel space. Any toughts would help, Thanks...corvhoe