Broke My Side Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lex Bubba

Reaction score
My drunken night almost went off without any problems until I tried to back into my garage. SMACK!:smilielol: I clipped the side of my garage with my passenger side view mirror. Luckily all I did was spider web the mirror glass. I have an '03 Z71 Tahoe with heated mirrors. Is there a way to replace only the mirror glass? If so, anyone know how to & where's the best place to purchase one online? Thx!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First smack yourself for driving. Taxi is much cheaper and removes a HUGE liability. Check around on ebay for a replacement mirror and glass, I replaced only the glass on my truck so they are available.

wwwcode

Reaction score
This is what happened on my last drunk night. never drink and drive i was lucky no one else got hurt except for myself and my record and finances.... if you look at the pics you'll see why it was my last...

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

This is what it should have looked like if i wasn't retarded...

theres a long story to go with that night as well... but ill post it up later if anyone really wants to hear it.

Last edited:

Custom73

Reaction score
Most auto parts stores or body supply stores can get a replacement mirror glass. Use a heat gun/hair dryer to heat the broken glass. Then use a screwdriver to putty knife to slowly pry the old glass off. New mirror will come with adhesive pads to keep it on. Very easy 10 min job.

bigsexy408

Reaction score
if anyone has a link where i can order one i need one for my dads truck, damn sf drivers

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the glass is replaceable and it snaps right on. There is about a 3 inch circular Pattern in the middle (rear) of the glass that has several little fasteners all the way around it. I have always has the best luck starting the removal process from the smaller part of the mirror closest to the door. Pry up gently until you here a snap and work it back and forth until it’s off. Depending on your accessories you may have extra wires for heat and/or turn.
Like someone said, eBay is probably where you are going to find them the cheapest, but if you don’t want to wait you can always get them from MUTH.
Ebay RIGHT
There are several on there right now….