Bug Shield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fudog

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe and would like to know what the best bug shield to buy is and if they hook right up to the factory holes in the hood as I do not want any holes drilled in the hood. Thanks!:yesnod:

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Lund one it. It screwed right in no extra holes to drill. I got the black guard on the black tahoe, so you don't even see it unless you are up close which is nice.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you asked that, I was going to ask that same thing tonight. I want to change the look of my front end a little bit.

Does it really do much of anything or is it just for looks?

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know exactly how much it helps now, but I was getting alot of paint chipping on the nose and hood, so at least it covers some of them up now. I'm assuming that if a rock hits the deflector, it should pass over the car instead of hitting the hood somewhere else.

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have one now but I had one previously on my older Exploder. It generally sent the bugs over head instead of smacking the windshield. One thing I could never get in the habit of doing though was to put those rubber bumpers on the paint on the hood. All they do is keep the shield from hitting the hood if something big enough came along. Instead of gluing them to the hood, I glued them to the back oof the bug shield instead. Served the same purpose and in the winter time when I removed it, no rubber bumps on hood!

pwrstroker00

Reaction score
I have a Lund as well. Definately helps with rock chips on the front of the hood. If bugs do still hit the windshield, they're generally at the top of the windshield where it doesn't affect my vision.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this Lund sits a few inches off the hood so you don't need the rubber bumpers. If this bug guard bends that much and hits the paint, that will be the least of my worries I'm sure. I put those bumpers on my pickup a long time ago and they fell off pretty quick and left the glue marks all over the hood.

02Tahoez

Reaction score
I have the AVS Bugflector II, it came in light Pewter to match my paint. Works great. Still get bugs on the windshield but up high.