Buying advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schilly

Reaction score
I am now looking at a 2003 Tahoe LT. It has been in an accident in 2003 and it looks like this was fixed a year later:

Rear door trim panel replaced/repaired
Maintenance inspection completed
Inside air temperature sensor replaced
Transfer module/computer reprogrammed

Some other records on the carfax are:

Ignition lock cylinder replaced
Front seat cushion replaced
Lower steering column shaft replaced
Power steering pump replaced
Rear brake shoes replaced and drums resurfaced
Intake manifold gasket replaced
Wheel lug stud(s) replaced

Would you stay away from this Tahoe? Seems like a lot of repairs for 100k miles.
Thanks

clkelley

Reaction score
It actually sounds like the previous owner, while the owner may have been a little hard on it, at least made an effort to keep things maintained properly. I would double check the condition of all the fluids, the steering linkages and suspension overall. While also going ahead, if you like the truck, taking it to a trusted independent shop for a second opinion on it's condition before taking the leap.

Some of the issues listed are common issues for these trucks, like the intake manifold gasket for example, the main thing about what I am seeing is that no one thing was replaced more than once or multiple times.

HSpencer

Reaction score
My 03 Tahoe has 91,000 and has had the steering work. That was a common problem in Tahoe. A lot of that stuff could have just been warranty work. I did not see anything to be all that concerned about. What are they asking for it?