CAI's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneclu

Reaction score
i have a 01' tahoe...and i was thinkin of gettin a CAI..is it easy to install myself??

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very easy, I have taken my AEM on and off a few times, just a quick couple mins and you are good to go! The one issue that we see with CAIs (K&N 77 mostly) is that the couple winds up working itself loose at the throttle, so be sure to pay close attention to that and check on it every so often.

ryanh129

Reaction score
Awesome...My first post. Anyway - Boostaholic - you're selling the AEM for $260? I just picked up an 05 Yukon with the 4.8L so I'm in the market...

ryanh129

Reaction score
Won't let me PM you for some reason? Could be that I don't have enough posts...Anyway, PM me a $ and availability when you get a chance. Thanks man. I appreciate it!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't get pms since you're too much of a noob but the AEM would run you $280.07 shipped ($250 for the intake $10 shipping). Call me @ 303-341-5337 and ask for Max if you want to order one up.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fujita has a SRI on their website but only a dyno for the 6.0L engine.. I have a CAI from them on my car and its awesome. Plus, its a dryflow. AEM, Injen and Fujita are all basically the same brand since the owners used to work together at Injen.

1star2

Reaction score
You can't get pms since you're too much of a noob but the AEM would run you $280.07 shipped ($250 for the intake $10 shipping). Call me @ 303-341-5337 and ask for Max if you want to order one up.

I just picked up an '01 Denali and I was looking at getting this intake. PM me a price. Hopefully you have them in stock. I can pick it up if you do.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of power (+15hp on the ass-dyno) and almost no difference in mileage. You won't get any mileage from an intake on these trucks, I maybe picked up 10-15 miles per tank but it accelerates quicker and makes way more power especially up top.

I put in a K&N replacment filter on my girlfriends Denali XLT and her milage went up about .5 - .7 MGP's (this is marginal but every little bit helps right lol)

You seem to know quite a bit about these trucks and the parts and I know this is off subject... What would you recommend as far as a muffler? I do not have the money to get the full exhaust system so I am going to get a muffler instead, I would love to go out and get this thing today if I could get some solid, trustable, information. What are your thoughts

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in a K&N replacment filter on my girlfriends Denali XLT and her milage went up about .5 - .7 MGP's (this is marginal but every little bit helps right lol)

You seem to know quite a bit about these trucks and the parts and I know this is off subject... What would you recommend as far as a muffler? I do not have the money to get the full exhaust system so I am going to get a muffler instead, I would love to go out and get this thing today if I could get some solid, trustable, information. What are your thoughts

The rest of these guys have a lot more experience of multiple apps, I can only speak from one application. I haven't been able yet to do anything to my 2K 'Ho. I also have a '98 Ram 1500. I talked to a guy at the local muffler shop about dualing it out. He said he'd be glad to, it was my money, but for less money he'd put a 3" pipe from behind the cat and run it to the back with a Spintech Sportsman XL muffler. Said I'd get the same results as dualing it out. Said the exhaust gases are still hot enough till just behind the cat that they still flow well so I didn't need to replace the whole exhaust, that way it didn't mess with my warranty or O2 sensors. The Spintech was developed for race track applications. It's a high flow muffler. They have different models like all the other muffler brands but I've only heard the Sportsman, it has a nice throatier sound than stock , kinduv a low rumble but it's not as loud as others. My son wants it louder but I can still tell when it's coming home a block away. For me, it's just loud enough but not too loud. The bill was $200. That was maybe five years ago. I called and asked about the same thing for my 'Ho, still $200 for the muffler, pipe, and labor.