Calling all Tahoe Limited Edition Experts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z71 is the offroad package, which would make it sit up higher not lower. did you buy the truck new? If not sounds like the previous owner may have done something to it.

Z71's also have 2 tone leather and all the other options (or the one i looked at before i bought my truck did anyway)

lwoodard2008

Reaction score
I bought the truck used. But found out 32"s were the biggest tire i cld fit without modification. So i talked to the local chevrolet dealership and they told me that the 2000 Z71 Limited was lowered 2" at the factory. Came with Bilstein gas filled shocks and sway bars and some other goodies.

ColaCanyon

Reaction score
That dealership is dumb. The Z71 was not lowered from the factory. My Limited (not Z71) was the same height as my friends stock 2wd so I don't think they came lowered either. I know they came with Bilstein shocks and sway bars though.

lwoodard2008

Reaction score
That dealership is dumb. The Z71 was not lowered from the factory. My Limited (not Z71) was the same height as my friends stock 2wd so I don't think they came lowered either. I know they came with Bilstein shocks and sway bars though.

I got a friend of mine who does custom suspension work look at my truck last nite, and he confirmed that it was lowered at the factory. Thats why I can only fit 32x11.50's on it. He said there was nothing "aftermarket" on it.

Oh yeah, how do you post pics on here?

ColaCanyon

Reaction score
32s are generally the largest tire you can fit on OBS vehicles without modification or cranking the t-bars. A lot of people run 285/75R16 but that's a 33x11.5 and not a 12.5. I don't see how you could fit 32s if it was lowered 2" from the factory. I'm not trying to argue with you at all, it just doesn't make sense why a Z71 would be lowered 2" from the factory.

ColaCanyon

Reaction score
I got a friend of mine who does custom suspension work look at my truck last nite, and he confirmed that it was lowered at the factory. Thats why I can only fit 32x11.50's on it. He said there was nothing "aftermarket" on it.

Oh yeah, how do you post pics on here?

You would first need to host the pics somewhere like www.photobucket.com . The you can copy the image link provided to you through the site and paste it here.

lwoodard2008

Reaction score
32s are generally the largest tire you can fit on OBS vehicles without modification or cranking the t-bars. A lot of people run 285/75R16 but that's a 33x11.5 and not a 12.5. I don't see how you could fit 32s if it was lowered 2" from the factory. I'm not trying to argue with you at all, it just doesn't make sense why a Z71 would be lowered 2" from the factory.

Thats what I dont understand. But theres no aftermarket suspension parts on the vehicle. 32's have about 1/2" clearance when turning the wheel. If I hit a bump while the wheel is turned, they scrub.

lwoodard2008

Reaction score
l_357e0c9b39e4904b9d271808da321186.jpg

taurus1911

Reaction score
2000 tahoe

my truck with its 33's, and a pic of it with a 35, it clears, with minimal rubbing.

Attachments

• l_8b0716600867420a9ef5a49061be0e3a.jpg
    l_8b0716600867420a9ef5a49061be0e3a.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 8
  • l_50a2fba60e274a3a9ba35aeb2a04919f.jpg
    l_50a2fba60e274a3a9ba35aeb2a04919f.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 5

Beeker702

Reaction score
More about limited tahoe

All 2000 tahoe limited are 2wd and come with barn doors only. The 2000 z71 is not a limited and only comes in 4wd. Here's some info on how the limited came about

."The TAHOE LIMITED is another one of Jon Moss's creations. He got the idea of this "SUV" when it was announced that the "Impala SS" was to be discontinued in 1996. The "SUV" was supposed to be named the "TAHOE SS" when Jon Moss introduced it at the Detroit Auto Show in 1997. The concept for this SUV was well accepted BUT company politics slowed the production even though it was accepted just as well as the "Impala SS" The Main problem with this SUV was the name. Insurance rates are already high for SUV's in the states and the addition of the "SS" badging on the Tahoe made it even higher. After many months of debating and scheming, the "TAHOE SS" was renamed the "Tahoe Limited". Production was announced to begin in early spring of 1999 ... WITH A CATCH!!! To make this SUV a true collector amongst the "SS" fanatics, only approximately 7500 units were to be manufactured. ALSO, only 1 unit was to be sold for every 3 dealerships nationwide. As of November 2000, Chevrolet still has not released the exact production numbers for the Limited's. These Tahoe's were specially equipped. ALL Limited's are monotone ONXY Black in color and were offered exclusively as 4 door 2WD models. The L31 Vortec 350 cu. in. small block V-8 produces 255 hp. and 330 ft-lbs. of torque @2800 rpm and was tweaked and optimized to 130+ mph. Special 2 tone leather interior with power driver's seat. The custom one off aluminum alloy wheels were produced by "Ronal Wheel" and are 16"x7.5" in size. Other special equipment includes: factory transmission oil cooler, engine oil cooler, increased cooling capacity, "Z56" suspension / performance package (police and law enforcement use only), 46mm Bilsten shocks, front and rear sway bars (taken from the "Z71" Tahoe 4x4), heavy duty performance enhanced chassis, HD 4 wheel anti-lock brakes, front disc / rear drum (taken from the Suburban), color matched monotone front/rear bumpers and front grill, special ground effects, integrated bumper mounted fog lights, privacy black out window treatment, auto dimming/heated side view mirrors, deluxe sound insulation and "Limited" badging. The roof rack, body side moldings and tow hooks were both factory deleted items. The only option package available was the "Comfort and Security Package" "code ZM9". This option included carpeted front/rear floor mats, rear air conditioning, 46mm Bilsten shocks, heated driver's and front passenger's seats, power passenger front seat, reversible cargo mat, heated electro chromatic exterior mirrors and a Homelink 3-channel transmitter. If you like what you see here, 2000 was your only chance to snag one."

Beeker702

Reaction score
Here's my 2000 Limited Tahoe I bought in 2005 with 65,000 miles. And now it has 123,000 miles. She has 20s on here right now but I still have the original 16s in mint condition. Also some came with the police package which mine has. I rather have that then the heated seats and home link cause I can always go to the junk yard and get heated seats and put them in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 12

99TOWHOE

Reaction score
I now have owned 5 limited tahoes 3 were 2000 models with barn doors

1 2000 model with tailgate/hatch witch is kind of odd..

the newest one is wrecked but I am going to fix it..

build date is july 2 1999 and its titled as a true 1999 limited all numbers match and this is way early in production This has to be one of the very 1st ones made..

still trying to get dealer to get a build sheet of what dealer sold it new.ect...

deedeesdaddy

Reaction score
Tahoe limited

Yes they are only 2wd! And I'm glad u see your hoe everywhere .. we're talking about the LIMITED that makes your z71 look like trash! (Sorry I was a little offended there) the tailgate that u have was probably an option when bought new.. I wish mine had that! Considering the truck was built out of all the spare parts of the nicest suv's they had laying around, hence the compatibility. .. yes released for the 2000 production year.. all makes release the next year around may the previous year... e.g. 2000 model year released may 1999 dig it...most auto makers that I know of... one Google visit should clear that up for mr. Z71... but if you have one u probably already know this.. 8900 is the most accurate number anyone has aside from chevy themselves.. considering the trucks story, I guarantee somebody at chevy has those exact figures... just not the clown u emailed... if your hell bent on knowing them numbers, then by all means... just keep us posted.. 8900 is good enuff for me.. yours has the other tailgate.. fantastic for u.. the limiteds I've seen (and it hasn't been many , 3 or 4 including mine in Wisconsin ) usually have the vertical split "barndoor" type rear doors which have been a little problematic for me.. hinges stiff and contacts corroding.. lock a little bit... but I love that sexy beast... I've brought her back from the dead $2000 a piece like 3 times and will continue as long as there's a breath in my body !

Jungle Rooster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drummer- I haven't seen the "Limited" badging on anything else but the Z71 4WD.....my 2wd Tahoe doesn't say "Limited" on the rear badge. Just "Tahoe". I'm confused now, and will run my VIN to make sure I don't have a "clone" !