Can I Take my decals off???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HillbillyNation01

Reaction score
I want to take the Tahoe decals off my tahoe LOL....I did this when I owned my cobalt and it made it look clean. My problem is its a 2001. So will the paint under the decal be darker or cleaner under the decal??? I just dont want it to look goofy. Any help would be nice! Thanks!​
:confused:

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, every badge that is on your 01 will come off easily with some dental floss and heat(blow dryer). to get the crap off all the way use your finger nails and finish it off with goo gone. i did mine, i have a 01 also and there was no difference with the paint color.

HillbillyNation01

Reaction score
Thanks! I did it with my cobalt but it was maybe 5months after we bought it. So I didnt know if being an 01 would look funny. I just think it will make it look cleaner and nicer.

yes, every badge that is on your 01 will come off easily with some dental floss and heat(blow dryer). to get the crap off all the way use your finger nails and finish it off with goo gone. i did mine, i have a 01 also and there was no difference with the paint color.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to take the Tahoe decals off my tahoe LOL....I did this when I owned my cobalt and it made it look clean. My problem is its a 2001. So will the paint under the decal be darker or cleaner under the decal??? I just dont want it to look goofy. Any help would be nice! Thanks!​
:confused:

If there's a color difference just detail the truck, with some polish, glaze, then some good wax.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not that difficult, I did it on my "00" without any problems. I used a blow drier, plastic spatula, IMO GOO GONE is not all that great like its made out to be. Spend a couple bucks on 3M adhesive remover. Save a lot of torture to the fingers. I'm not real keen on abusing my body when there is a simpler and faster application.