Cant believe NO one is talking/Concerned about GM Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tint2sell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no bail out and it doesnt look good for us that own a GM. If they do fail, is my warranty good,no. Parts, resell, down the tubes. Anyone else worried?

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little worried but there are far too many GM cars out there to let them fail.

It's won't happen. In one way or another, GM will still be around and we will all still be able to buy parts and service our cars.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to put my two cents in. I think the auto industry needs to stop issuing cars every year. Hear me out. What is the difference between the 2007 Tahoe and the 2008 Tahoe's sold at the end of the the 2007 year? For me it was a cheaper note (even though now I could have bought an LTZ for the same amount I paid for my LS).

I think that the auto industries need to issue new vehicles every even year. I mean if they make a 2008 Tahoe and doesn't come out with another model until 2010 imagine the possible upgrades, differences and etc.

Like I said before... just my two cents.

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to put my two cents in. I think the auto industry needs to stop issuing cars every year. Hear me out. What is the difference between the 2007 Tahoe and the 2008 Tahoe's sold at the end of the the 2007 year? For me it was a cheaper note (even though now I could have bought an LTZ for the same amount I paid for my LS).

I think that the auto industries need to issue new vehicles every even year. I mean if they make a 2008 Tahoe and doesn't come out with another model until 2010 imagine the possible upgrades, differences and etc.

Like I said before... just my two cents.

it's all about competition...who has the latest & greatest

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only issue is that the warranty might end up worthless. GM will still be around and making parts.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope that GM still gets the bailout. The only thing I'm worried about is that if no more trucks are made by GM, whatever is out there now, the prices will go up...:(

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they dont get some other type of bailout then theyll declare bankruptcy, restructure and be fine OR someone else will buy them out like with chrysler

either way i think theyll stop making pontiacs and oldsmobile and sell off their over seas stuff like ford did (who actually turned a profit at the begining of this year)...i think ford and gm will be ok and the chrysler is done in america...maybe as a brand theyll still be around but owned from over seas and built in nc or something like tundras are

basically well be ok warranty and all

tint2sell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am just watching the news to much. They make it seem like the world is going to end.

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is no way that GM is going under! dont have to worry, with or without a bail out they will be fine and our warranties are still going to be there... what they are going to do is cut pensions and lay off more workers which sucks for unemployment but that will save them so much more money. i mean think about it, everyone/ car company/ country is having a hard time and when this all clears up, things will be ok, just have to wait...

i dunno or maybe the sun will blow up... :shhh:

flyinbrian

Reaction score
Don't worry, they aren't going anywhere.

But, IMO, the gov't should let them go bankrupt so they can reorganize their debt and get out from under the UAW stranglehold that helped put them in this fix in the first place.

The foreign makers that are built here in the states don't have the heavy union wages/packages dragging them down by the throat that the big 3 do.

Reorganize, get away from the old guard and go forward.

dunkindetail

Reaction score
If the big 3 were to completely fail, they would be revamped and exist in some way shape or form. They have NO choice to honor all warranties, etc. Look how many government agencies use GM vehicles, do you think they would allow a company to just flake out on things like that? Even if they were to completely disappear.. someone would form a company to honor the warranties and take over those sort of issues, I would think? just my thoughts. have a good weekend.