Can't get Mylink to connect to andriod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tally2

Reaction score
I just bought a 16 Lt and tonight we were trying to pair our Galaxy 5S to pair with the mylink. But, no matter what I tried or did it wouldn't read the phones. It kept saying connect to a USB port. but, I had the phones connected to the front ports next to the charging port. I even downloaded the Android Auto app and still it won't read either phone. I am at a loss. :help:

2016ltzhoe

Reaction score
There will be an update available next month to the mylink system to work on android phones. You will have to take the vehicle to the dealership for them to update it. Im patiently waiting myself.

Tally2

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Told the dealership same thing and they were like huh haven't heard that. They called GM and found out the same thing u said. So, I guess we are in a waiting game.

EJG5

Reaction score
That's interesting. My Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge paired flawlessly via Bluetooth. Never had to plug it in.

Tally2

Reaction score
Our Galaxy's paired with our Tahoe but you can't use the Google maps on ur projection or the text to talk feature till the new software comes out next month. Once that happens u still have to plug it in to use it like the appleplay.

EJG5

Reaction score
Oh, so you are talking about the Android Auto feature. I was aware that it is not yet available when I purchased the vehicle. I thought you guys were having issues pairing the phone with My Link. My mistake. I have the nav system, so I could care less about google maps. Text to talk would be nice though.

Tally2

Reaction score
Yea, when we got it we weren't aware that it didn't come with the nav. I was pretty upset and wasn't paying another 500 just for that.

gatekeeper

Reaction score
personaly i didn't like the onboard navigation.
it's not user friendly at all, i have a 2010 Subaru Legacy and it's navigation is so much easier to use.
i would want to hook up my Note 3 and use google maps for sure

MOTAMYZ

Reaction score
Do I have to take my tahoe to the dealer for update?
no way to do it by myself...
cause in my country dealer said he have no update.

gatekeeper

Reaction score
Any software, tune updates void's your warrenty
talk to their manager, if he says no update then let him connect your android to the car

Qwest

Reaction score
Will they upgrade 15 SLT if you have the 8 inch Mylink display?

MOTAMYZ

Reaction score
My car 15 Tahoe LT with 8 inch Mylink display
Just before 10 minutes call dealer he said no update
any one can record video for the new features to send it to dealer manager.

EJG5

Reaction score
The Android Auto update is only for MY 2016 Tahoes. I don't believe any early version is supported.

On another note, anyone with a '16 and the update have any issues? I got the update yesterday, plugged in my Galaxy S6 Edge, and it nuked my phone. Had to do a complete hard reset on my phone to get it to work again. For those that don't know, a hard reset is basically wiping it and staring over like a new phone. I was completely pumped about the update before I got it, now I'm scared to plug the phone back in, as it took me the better part of the day to restore it. Anyone else have similar issues?

linytahoe

Reaction score
I found out that when I have my Bluetooth paired with my galaxy note 4, I could not pair to the mylink, I had to delete the Bluetooth from my phone and then it would pair to my truck,

Dthiss

Reaction score
Had our 2016 Tahoe updated earlier this week. I was out of town, but used it for the first time today. Worked ok, but not very user friendly. Was able to nav and play music, but still have some figuring to do. Oh BTW I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Egde.