***Changing The Dash Color***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHEW!!!

Rollin Thunder, I was really beginning to worry about you a little bit there. I, myself, didn't think there was anything wrong w/ changing the backlighting (which is what I understood in Slander98's thread here). Glad you recovered and redeemed your cool points... :cool2: Was wondering how you were arguing about modding backlighting when I was just thinking about the same mod just this week. Anyway, glad it was only a misunderstanding...:thumbsup:

Slander, would love to see your Parrot Bluetooth setup. Was considering that option as well... I have Sprint and it sucks that OnStar only allows Verizon users to use their minutes w/ the hands-free setup...:mad:

lol, sorry for the confusion:D

Slander, thanks for the info on the computer, it would be awsome to have a mac version, hope you do change the lights a bit, i would like to think about that also, because the basic halagon yellow does not look right with the new hids.

Slander98

Reaction score
Look around.....Im pretty sure there is a mac version out there!!!:thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHAT? Eh? Huh? "Cool-point-detector" dropping fast! :smilielol:

:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

what, i think hid dash lights would be awsome.

YEA, WE NEED TO ADD A COOLNESS METER UNDER THE THING THAT TELLS US HOW MUCH WE BABBLE ON HERE. (post count)

i think it should be based on a picture, if your un cool you drive a toyota eco , after that the toyota tundra, a little cooler a ford f150, little cooler dodge ram hemi, little cooler you get a mustang, then when you start getting real points is when you get in to the gm groups, starts at pontiac g8, little cooler, cadillac cts, little cooler dts, little more sts, then esclade, xlrv, then you get in to the hummer, h3- h3x- h3 alpha- then h2, then you get to gmc/chevy, starting at the aveo, malabu, colorado, impala, then when you get super cool (which most are at on here) you get to the cooler stuff, avalanch, ls, then lt, then ltz/z71 top coolness is eather a corvette, new camaro,, yukon denali or tahoe, you can choose when your that cool. which yours truly is the only one who is there right now :D

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful what you ask for. Quality, not quantity is what counts. Post whore! :lol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok got off topic but now were back

Be careful what you ask for. Quality, not quantity is what counts. Post whore! :lol:

sorry:ack: :eek:

but, what i mean from the origional post is (getting back on topic btw)

on the gmt 800s i get regular lit yellow light from the dash, not a cool blue or red or what ever, and what im saying is with the coolness of my new hids and projectors the dash looks a little plain. I think that a new dash light color is in order, so i (and probably the Op) would like to know if its possable and how hard. :D

p.s. becasue of your little joke last night i had a real fun night with the person takeing me to the doctor :D

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the gmt 800s i get regular lit yellow light...

OP was talking about a 2007 LTZ, not GMT800 -- wrong forum dude! :skep:

p.s. becasue of your little joke last night i had a real fun night with the person takeing me to the doctor :D

You went to the doctor, for what? (Headache?) Stinkin' Rain-X! :crazy: Sry 'bout that, man...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP was talking about a 2007 LTZ, not GMT800 -- wrong forum dude! :skep:

You went to the doctor, for what? (Headache?) Stinkin' Rain-X! :crazy: Sry 'bout that, man...

if i decide to change the lights i will start a new thred so as to stop hijacking the ops thred.

sorry for the confusion on gmt 900-800, but i have a gmt 900, just not a tahoe or yukon.

no not for the rain-x, i really felt cruddy after that and he said its just been going around and to let my body fight it. :cuss: so i get to take horse pills, but i had fun with my gf afterwars thanks to you, i wasted her f150 lighting off the line when we decided to go drag racing (dont worry we went to a track).

Slander98

Reaction score
Really pretty humorous...... All these posts & still no idea if its possible !!!

Anyone? Is there somewhere else that may be better to gather info on this topic?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Really pretty humorous...... All these posts & still no idea if its possible !!!

Anyone? Is there somewhere else that may be better to gather info on this topic?

I believe that the lights are soldered onto the pcb. It's possible if you have the right equipment and good soldering skills. Using blue LEDs would be your best bet. Granted, I haven't pulled apart the IP on a nbs truck yet, but more than likely this is what I think the scenario would be considering how most other GM and other vehicles are nowadays.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While not as cheap as buying some leds and some solder, you could always get an aftermarket gauge cluster, this one comes in red or blue backlighting.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While not as cheap as buying some leds and some solder, you could always get an aftermarket gauge cluster, this one comes in red or blue backlighting.

i think i see my next mod. it looks just like an esclade dash, as long as i know the tranny temp would plug and play i would by that as soon as i have 300 to spare.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i see my next mod. it looks just like an esclade dash, as long as i know the tranny temp would plug and play i would by that as soon as i have 300 to spare.

My link was to the 2007 year model one. The 2006 year model one (same site) does have the option for the tranny temp gauge.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My link was to the 2007 year model one. The 2006 year model one (same site) does have the option for the tranny temp gauge.

i changed it to a 06 and it was no diffent so i think their the same. because they look the same so even though the 07 and 06 gauges look different, their still the same size. but i dont have a tranny gauge on mine, but i would love one and wonder how hard it would be to incorperate one, if its hard i would just order it with out one.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy if I could just see the gauges in the daytime. Under most lighting conditions, it's like staring into a cave. :mad: :mad2:

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nice...REAL NICE... But a little pricey... Guess I gotta ask the wife if it's okay to buy another toy, again... :lol:

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this mod you are talking about in my old 06 Denali. I changed every light on the dash, door controls, HVAC, Nav, everything to red leds. It was such a pain, but looked so sweet when it was done. I had to use resistors with the leds as well. I wanted to change my whole 07 Denali to red as well, but the steering wheel and door buttons on the new models seem nearly impossible to get too.

kiddcarbuff

Reaction score
i found a chart that listed all thr bulb sizes in the cluster and h vac, i wanted to cahnge them all to amber like my integra R. im interested in more info on this as well. plus what other clusters can i put in my 97 without having to rewire crap