***Changing The Dash Color***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slander98

Reaction score
Is it possible to change the light color in the dash, steering wheel, stereo etc.....as to achieve a bright blue glow?

Slander98

Reaction score
Because It would be different & Ive seen one that had it done and looked amazing!!!!!!!

P.S Why do you do any mod Brainiac....Kick rocks:cya:

Slander98

Reaction score
Every vehicle could use a few mods!!!! For loving it so much the way it is you sure got allot of mods listed einstein!!!!!

Str8 tard!!!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every vehicle could use a few mods!!!! For loving it so much the way it is you sure got allot of mods listed einstein!!!!!

Str8 tard!!!!

yea i like my mods, they help with preformace and lighting, i did this to meet my needs. its just the mod you want to do sounds a little crazy :crazy: thats all.

p.s. i have more than listed done to my truck like no speed gov, extra tranny cooler, some kc off road lights. now ordered is a 50 series flow master with cat back which is gunna sound awsome, but these are standard mods, not crazy changes to the colors of the inteiror, because lets face it thats gunna be BOLD. :crazy:

and dude we need to work on your grammer, its kinda hard to understand your posts with out re reading it 5 times :)

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting -- got any pics of what you're looking to achieve?

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys come with these ideas? Dash will have to come out to be treated with an adhesion promoter then refinished. You will be lowering the value of the vehicle, cause it will never look like a factory job....!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, if it was a fully loaded ltz that you paid 45-50 k for, if you changed the color of the dash , even with only 50 miles on it i would not buy it for more than 30 if i would buy it at all.

Last edited:

adam_mav

Reaction score
Where did you see that bright blue glow???? because if that was from the dealer's brochure on Tahoe/Suburban or Yukon, or pictures of those SUV's from dealer's website, it just appears that way. I don't know exactly why, but on most of those photos inside light have nice blue glow even though in reality it is green (which is really nice color also). I would assume that this change of colors even if it’s possible, it would take a lot of work and time. Think about it if it’s worth it.........................Good luck anyways, whatever you decide.
If you go for it, let us know how it's done and show us final affect please.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys come with these ideas? Dash will have to come out to be treated with an adhesion promoter then refinished. You will be lowering the value of the vehicle, cause it will never look like a factory job....!!

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I believe the OP was attempting to figure out a way to change the color of the backlighting to be more blue. :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I believe the OP was attempting to figure out a way to change the color of the backlighting to be more blue. :D

OOOOOOOOOOOO, that would be awsome. i though he meant the dash and wood trim, the lighting to be more blue would looks cool.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you see that bright blue glow???? because if that was from the dealer's brochure on Tahoe/Suburban or Yukon, or pictures of those SUV's from dealer's website, it just appears that way. I don't know exactly why, but on most of those photos inside light have nice blue glow even though in reality it is green (which is really nice color also)...

Yeah, I was pretty annoyed at Buick about the Enclave because of that. The greenish-blue glow as opposed to the deep blue they show in the brochure...mildly disappointing not to be "as pictured". Turned out that was the most minor of my gripes with that vehicle (lesser concern than the wheel & tire size, and powertrain performance), but that's another story completely. It'd be cool to have control over the dash color -- programmable multi-color LEDs would be wicked. Change it based on your mood!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was pretty annoyed at Buick about the Enclave because of that. The greenish-blue glow as opposed to the deep blue they show in the brochure...mildly disappointing not to be "as pictured". Turned out that was the most minor of my gripes with that vehicle (lesser concern than the wheel & tire size, and powertrain performance), but that's another story completely. It'd be cool to have control over the dash color -- programmable multi-color LEDs would be wicked. Change it based on your mood!

yea, the enclave dash is kinda wierd, i love my moms acaida dash all red though. looks sweet. but man do they need v-8s.

the muti color would be awsome, when some one cuts you off, it changes to red, when your cruzing along its yellow, when you feel sad it changes to blue, then you eat a chicken leg off the floor from a week ago it changes to green.

edit- here is my dads enclave- is this the color your going for??

Attachments

• CIMG0588.JPG
    CIMG0588.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 14

Slander98

Reaction score
Yes I was talking about maybe trying to change the lights behind the dash not painting the dash blue.....lol!!! I've got a 2007 Tahoe LTZ black with grey leather & 22" Wheels, carbon fiber dash, parrot bluetooth setup, switched out factory navigation & setup mobile touchscreen pc with navigation in its place! My bluetooth setup has a bright blue lcd and was just wondering if it would be feasible to switch out the led's behind the dash to achieve the same color blue?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I was talking about maybe trying to change the lights behind the dash not painting the dash blue.....lol!!! I've got a 2007 Tahoe LTZ black with grey leather & 22" Wheels, carbon fiber dash, parrot bluetooth setup, switched out factory navigation & setup mobile touchscreen pc with navigation in its place! My bluetooth setup has a bright blue lcd and was just wondering if it would be feasible to switch out the led's behind the dash to achieve the same color blue?

you got the car puter put in, please tell me more.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have seen it done and it can be very difficult for someone who has never done it before. IMO...it's probably more trouble then it's worth. But the end result looks awesome. Look at this site and you may get more input from there:

www.the12volt.com

Slander98

Reaction score
Looks really really good........I would have never have even attempted the install personally (no patience) heres a site I got most of my stuff with the exception of my touchscreen lcd (ebay) http://store.mp3car.com/?Click=9814

So anyway back to the lights.........anyone have any ideas? Are there led's behind the dash or are they different lights? Can I switch the color?

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOO, that would be awsome. i though he meant the dash and wood trim, the lighting to be more blue would looks cool.

WHEW!!!

Rollin Thunder, I was really beginning to worry about you a little bit there. I, myself, didn't think there was anything wrong w/ changing the backlighting (which is what I understood in Slander98's thread here). Glad you recovered and redeemed your cool points... :cool2: Was wondering how you were arguing about modding backlighting when I was just thinking about the same mod just this week. Anyway, glad it was only a misunderstanding...:thumbsup:

Slander, would love to see your Parrot Bluetooth setup. Was considering that option as well... I have Sprint and it sucks that OnStar only allows Verizon users to use their minutes w/ the hands-free setup...:mad: