Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, had my check engine like go off this morning. Had On-Star run a diag and it came back with 2 error codes, regarding "Lean Fuel Trim". I'm going to have it checked out by the dearlship, but is this something to be concerned over?

Not sure if its related, but yesterday, I was backing up(reverse) into my garage and the "Traction control light" came on. Said the system is off. Then, today the same thing in the same situation, only the Engine light came on too.

Was told by the On-Star and the dealership that this is not a huge concern. I could continue to drive the truck. I might experience a power loss and reduced fuel economy, but it should be ok to drive.

I have a long(2 hours one way) trip to take tomorrow with the entire family. I'm wondering if I should scrap it.

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, went to the dealership and they hooked up a Tech II scanner and it's the bank 1 and bank 2 error codes. Both were running Lean fuel trim at 24%.

They did find a rubber connector hose to the PCV valve was half split. Replacing that, and resetting the module made bank 1 and bank 2 run at aprrox. 12% to 16%, still high. Its under the limits to trigger error codes now, but was told it should be at 1 or 3%, not 12 to 16%.

Learned there's also a notice out for '07's Denali's on PCV valve developing cracks, creating leaks. Dealership, didn't replace the PCV valve because I couldn't leave the truck and I think they didn't have the part in stock anyway.

They checked for leaks between the mafs and throttle body as well as the Master cylinder for seal leaks. Those seem to be ok. So, at 12% to 16% I need to bring it back to see if there are other leaks somewhere else.

I am running a Volant CAI and didn't think there was any problem with it, but after getting the truck back I popped open the hood and the fitting to the throttle body was loose. I tightened that and other clamps and made a few short trips. Then let it sit for an hour or so and took it for a long drive(~30miles).

When I bring it back to have the PCV completely checked out, I'm re-installing the factory intake and see if the numbers on the tech II get better.

Also, the On-Star diag guys said sometimes this could be triggered by a bad batch of gas, possible??