Check out this Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it loose alot of power going from the crank to the wheels?

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno but they should figure out a better way to get that power to the ground. The only thing the entire listing says regarding the tranny is "automatic transmission". You'd think they'd say alot more than just that. Thats ridiculous if they didn't bother touching it...

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT, does that mean what we think it does? If so, congratulations on the purchase!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i was asking if yall know who bought it. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

no seriously im serious about it. but the thing is, here i have a dealer still offering me 36k on an 08 with only FOUR HUNDRED MILES. i think i might take that one, or slap a down payment on an 09.

what do yall think.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow all that work and it makes as much power as my LQ4 with a 150 shot :skep:

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no seriously im serious about it. but the thing is, here i have a dealer still offering me 36k on an 08 with only FOUR HUNDRED MILES. i think i might take that one, or slap a down payment on an 09.

what do yall think.

Hmm, I don't know what kind of advice to give in this situation. Personally, I would be satisfied with this 2004 Suburban, I like the Suburban 2500 already, especially with the unique engine modifications this one has, it looks like a formidable vehicle. But then again, it would also be attractive to upgrade to the new platform as well, especially since you found a vehicle for approximately the same price and with fewer miles.

I really like this 2004 Suburban, but if it was me in that situation I would probably go for the 2008 that you mentioned if you seem to have a good price on it. $35,000 is a high price to pay for a 4 year old Suburban, although it is surely an amazing vehicle nonetheless. The highest bid on Ebay for the vehicle in question, which did not meet the sellers reserve price, was $22,000, which may portray more reasonably what people in the market are willing to pay for a vehicle like that.

Either way, let us know what you decide! Take care!

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy this one....period....this isnt just any Suburban this is a LINGENFELTER Suburban. Buy a new Tahoe and have a pretty nice car. Get that Suburban and have something that is increadibly unique, that prolly noone else has.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is way sweeter
IMG_9200.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg

unknown-5.jpg

http://www.duramaxsuburban.com/Duramax_Suburban/2005_Duramax_Suburban_2.html

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy this one....period....this isnt just any Suburban this is a LINGENFELTER Suburban. Buy a new Tahoe and have a pretty nice car. Get that Suburban and have something that is increadibly unique, that prolly noone else has.

yea, thing is i wonder how insurance would be with all the modifications to this one.

its just hard for me to think that 35 gets me a 4 year old suburban, and 1k more gets me a brand spankin new tahoe LTZ loaded to the gills.

and for 45K i can get a fully loaded 09 tahoe with a 6.2. but i dont have it until september. hmm decisions, decisions .

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
repost, i posted this about 2 months ago. it would be more cost efficent to send my yukon to them and have them modify mine.
Repost :rolleyes: I've seen a half dozen trucks they've done, they aren't too far from my house and a duramax suburban is the dopest suv imaginable, unless you still want one of those 6.4 downs syndrome fords.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Repost :rolleyes: I've seen a half dozen trucks they've done, they aren't too far from my house and a duramax suburban is the dopest suv imaginable, unless you still want one of those 6.4 downs syndrome fords.

no i went and drove one, rode like crap, had no turning radious, had to make two cuts to turn on a 4 lane street. seats were crap. but the interior looks nice, thats all i give it. nav sucked, radio sucked, speakers sucked, the one i drove had squeaks and raddles and they said that was normal.

and yes repost. i posted the exact same one, you were the first to comment :rolleyes:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=5984

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy killer, no need to get butt-hurt over a little jesting on the internet. Quadrasteer should turn fairly well but it seems you already have your mind set, good luck on your purchase dude :thumbsup:

tattootrig

Reaction score
Hey gang, I might be wrong on this, but does that HP number sound a little low? I would think that with all that displacement, and all the mods, and all the boost from the supercharger it would be getting closer to 600HP. I am NOT attempting to say that lingenfelter does not know there stuff, just seemed a bit low. And I agree, if they are going to build something like that, they should do a little something with the transmission..... just my 2 centavos.

P.S. Wouldn't this be fun to drop in a hoe???
http://www.theengineshop.com/prods_pages/108061.htm

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy killer, no need to get butt-hurt over a little jesting on the internet. Quadrasteer should turn fairly well but it seems you already have your mind set, good luck on your purchase dude :thumbsup:

lol, was not but hurt. yup sticking to chevy. driving one of those fords was the biggest mistake in my life.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lift these things and work on them all day, I'd rather see you in a 6.7 dodge then a 6.4 :cheers: