Completely removing the back wiper from 00 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ash29461

Reaction score
My boyfriend just bought a Tahoe last wednesday and this weekend we completely removed all the side molding and all emblems. He is wanting to remove the back windsheild wiper, but we can't seem to find a part that will just plug the spot where it originally goes. Does anyone know where we can get this from or if it is even possible? We are trying to make it where there is nothing on the exterior of the car so it will be completely smooth all the way around.

Copper&BlackYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something Like this? :D

P1010340.jpg

I don't believe you will find something readymade to plug up the hole. If you talk to a local machine shop they might be able to help you out, by machining a plug that you can put in place with a screw from the back.
If I were fabricating it in my shop, I would remove the wiper, Measure the hole, and if it's recessed and machine the plug accordingly so that it sits flush, with a backing piece so that a machine screw can pass through the backing plate and into a drilled and taped hole in the plug, sandwiching the sheet aluminum of your hatch. You can spend tons of time looking for someting that could work, but nothing will look as good as a custom piece. Prime and paint it and you are in business....I wish my girl would be out there helping

Last edited:

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it really bothers you both that much, then I think a patch would REALLY bother you.

Th only way to do it right is have it done like shaving door handles.

ash29461

Reaction score
Yea.. I figured there wasn't a piece since every search on the internet I did, didn't bring up anything. Well, he is planning on shaving the door handles after a while so I guess he might as well shave that off too while he is at it. Thanks!!

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think thats sick brah, I wouldn't pick copper with black but its to match your bike right? Theres a guy around here that has purple on top with dark blue where your black is, looks decent.

My opinion, You should buy a grill or paint a emblem black and stick it on there cuz that looks tacky to me just having the emblem holder thing.

Copper&BlackYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think thats sick brah, I wouldn't pick copper with black but its to match your bike right? Theres a guy around here that has purple on top with dark blue where your black is, looks decent.

My opinion, You should buy a grill or paint a emblem black and stick it on there cuz that looks tacky to me just having the emblem holder thing.

Yeah the grill is not done yet, I'm still shoping around for a grill I like. What a pain in the ass that is. I found a couple with the style I like but are made like crap...It's going to be a black billet grill once I find the right one.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread,
Check the truck out on this thread...
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=10701