computer tune or hand held programer on 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SIB-HLR

Reaction score
What type of hand held tuner or tuning program are you using. What type of tuning do you recommend? The tune will be the last mod I do.

Thanks,

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like EFILive, if you are planning to do your own tuning.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a superchips flashpaq on my denali and it did help quite a bit. I'm getting a blackbear tune this week, there is no substitute for a custom tune especially if it's datalogged.

ou812sm

Reaction score
i run a westers custom tune it's one of the best mods ive done i had a diablo hand held tuner it can't compare to westers . westers has changed my tune now three time free of charge easy to talk to and adjust tune the way you want or to according to mods

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running a custom tune from Justin at Black Bear Performance. It's definitely the way to go, in my opinion. I've used a Hypertech in the past on my Silverado but it doesn't allow the adjustments like a custom tune will.

SIB-HLR

Reaction score
I was looking into either having someone tune it with HP Tuners' VCM Suite or buy the software and learn how to myself. I have two cars that could benefit from purchasing the software. Most likely will have someone tune it.Does anyone know of someone in the st. louis area?

Thanks for help, I think having a custom tune sounds like the best bang for the buck

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are patient and know your way around a PC I'd recommend HP Tuners. I've used it and an Innovate LM-1 wideband to tune my GTO but the flex fuel OS on my 03 Tahoe has been driving me crazy! The ethanol sensor is very sensitive and the stoich point changes every time I fill up making me reset the wideband. (Thanks to E-10) :mad: Anyway with just a tune (no mods) I went from 15.1 MPG to 16.8 avg.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome Justin, I sent you an email early this week or end of last week inquiring about mine. :D

.justin.

Reaction score
Thanks. :) Jennabear will probably be fielding more of the in-forum questions, but I'll be handling most of the direct correspondence.

As to your email, I should get to it tonight. I'm getting caught up from being out of town this past weekend.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for my tune justin, you'll get alot of business being a vendor on here as long as jenna doesn't scare them off :D

grayhoe00

Reaction score
also looking for a tune, but i live in GA, anyone know of a place around here to get one tuned?

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can't wait for my tune justin, you'll get alot of business being a vendor on here as long as jenna doesn't scare them off :D
Hey now! :skep:
also looking for a tune, but i live in GA, anyone know of a place around here to get one tuned?
We do traditional mail-order and cable scan tunes so you wouldn't have to get a tune "in person". Please let me know if you want more details.

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tuner

I been looking on all the forums and everyone is saying to help with gas milage on the Tahoes, theres not a tuner out there to improve it any. One person said he got 1 mpg better. I cant justify paying 400.00 for something that gets me just that! Anyone heard of or had experience with a tuner that will help in gas mileage?

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 22

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A handheld wont help you much as it does not look at the specifics of your Tahoe, it will just put in a predetermined tune from its settings.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoo hoo scan cable is gonna be here friday! I already have the superchips sold for $300, expect a full report of the difference in tunes once justin sends me my new pcm.