Cooling Issues.....You gotta read this please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooter48

Reaction score
I have a 1994 Yukon and ever since I got it I have had a rather weird problem. When I run the A/C, a/c does work to a point, the truck will heat up quick and keep going past the 210 degree mark when I am stopped or running the A/C in high and just doing normal around town driving. When I stopped I have to turn the AC down or off to keep it from climbing, the highest the temp has gotten from this is around 235 I will not let it go any higher before I have to suffer from the heat. However when driving on the interstate I can keep the ac on high with it balancing out at 190 to 210. When I am driving around without the AC on it will not get above 190 even when the outside temp is over 100 degrees. I have flushed the radiator 4 times, replaced the fan clutch, new water pump, new upper and lower rad hoses, new heater core, and new thermostat. So if anyone has any ideas I would love to here them because I am getting tired of this. Also this may not help but the ac does not blow very hard or cold and I have had it looked at and they said there was nothing wrong except that is was 1lb over filled and they corrected it. Also another thing the heater, sucks. I really want to get this fixed.

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

I know this sounds simple, but, remove and replace your cabin air filter and see if that helps...

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the cabin air filter located? I have a 95 Tahoe and my airflow sucks.......

RandyatBBY

Reaction score
Interesting I would like to know also. I do not have any temp issues in my 1997 but learning about the Tahoe. I love the truck. Not a looker but, rides like a dream.