Corsa exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not wanting to hi-jack someone elses thread, I'll just start a new a new one on a popular subject - Corsa exhaust.

The "country" in the wife :nail: is coming out and wants to get an exhaust system for the Tahoe. :excited: I've pretty much decided on Corsa's Touring edition based on what I have read - subtle sound and performance. The Sport would be more my style but the Tahoe is the wife's daily driver and she does not want the louder sound while waiting in the carpool line at our daughter's private school.

I know that some exhaust systems get a little bit louder over time. I am wanting thoughts from those of you who have installed Corsa systems in the past, how is the sound level today??

Much thanks!!

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few things:
The sound difference between the sport and touring models will not be very noticeable in the low rpm range. At idle and up to 2500 rpms there should be a huge gap in noise. None of the other moms and dads will look with horror. Also the corsa does not use packing materials that wear out over time like other exhausts. The system should sound the same whether its the day you install it or 5 years down the road. I went with the sport because the touring isn't much louder than stock at and load and rpm, where as the sport is very mean and throaty sounding when you really open it up. Check out corsa's sight and youtube for real life sound differences. I know that someone in this forum posted touring sound clips and i was shocked at how quiet it was. listen to the sport and you will see what i mean about throaty.

by the way. I have had the exhaust on my 2003 tahoe for about 6 months. It was the best money i have spent on the truck and i will never buy another exhaust as long as a corsa is available for any of my future vehicles.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The touring is a bit louder than stock at idle, but not much, after 2500rpm it souds very sporty and you can tell inside and out it is a performance exhaust. Its very quiet when cruising, almost as stock, almost. After 1000k still sounds the same. I did post a sound clip of mine. Here is the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tdaze2H0eY

Last edited:

KUNTRY

Reaction score
Temptation is Evil !

Oh my goodness !! All this temptation....I hate you all !...LOL...Im being pulled in so many directions...Ugh!!

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds really good! Hows the tone on 4 cyl, or the noise when switching from 8, to 4, to 8? Sounds like a damn corvette or something!

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant really tell if its running in v4 or v8 unless I look at the display. Yep, I love the sound, it is money well spent.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good except for that popping when you let off the gas. Don't like that, sounds kinda cheesy. Do they all do that?

KUNTRY

Reaction score
Ok! All of ya'll twisted my arm and I had to tap out!..I just ordered the following mods for my YD.

1) RSC Touring Edition Side Exit Cat-Back Exhaust System with Dual Pro-Series 4-Inch Tips

2) Volant
Description Premium Cool Air System With PowerCore Filter

Once I get these items, i'll prob make my way over to NJ to get my program done...aaahhhhh easy come , easy go $ 1267.31.