Costal Tech GMX-320 lockpick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EZYESS57

Reaction score
Installed the GMX-320 on my 07 Tahoe a few days ago. Today, I decided to pop in a movie while driving around town. Bypass worked for about 10 min and then I got a little glitch where the restriction screen pops up for about 1/2 second then the movie comes back up but not in full screen mode. I had this glitch happen three or four times while driving around town. I plan to do a little more research to see if it has anything to do with speed, GPS antenna reception, time, etc. Is this normal for the GMX-320 or do I have a bad unit or a bad install?

07 Tahoe w/ DVD, Nav, camera, and RSE. GMX-320 installed with factory dip switch setting (1&2 down all others up) Thanks in advance!

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happens to me as well with my GMX-320, what is the deal with that?

gbrownst

Reaction score
I haven't seen that, but have had other issues with the gmx-320. It worked for a week or two, but now the nav unlock causes the gps to get "lost" once a destination has been entered. Also, the mute button doesn't seem to have any effect anymore making every other function unavailable. I have emailed coastaletech 3 times and called twice with no response. Is there anyone from the company that monitors this forum? Does anyone know how to get in touch with these guys?

vaTahoe

Reaction score
I heard a rumor recently that i called bs on, but it seems there is a regulator built into the radio/gps unit and it will cause a bypass connection to fail- Said the car companies started doing this to avoid any possible tie ups in court!

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have anything to do with the VSS harness from JPcustoms that Coastaltech said I needed for my lockpick?

EZYESS57

Reaction score
I think factory nav unit vehicles have the VSS wire harness. It seems that if you upgrade from radio to nav unit you need to install the VSS wire harness. I do believe that the glitch is related to the GPS/VSS though. I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one having this issue but I am dissappointed that it is happening. Anyone else NOT seeing this glitch happen?