Couple trim options/swap-out questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Still have the '02, but am still longing for an '09. Probably in the new year...

I like all that the LTZ level has to offer EXCEPT FOR the chrome grill and chrome door handles. I like the idea of a black Tahoe, and so I'd want the grill and the door handles to be black as well.

Just a couple of questions:

1. Can the door handles be (easily) swapped for non-chrome ones? (Or, are folks having the chrome ones painted?)

2. Are the chrome and body-color door handles the same handle? Or is the shape/mechanism different between them?

3. Can you swap out the factory chrome grill for the standard black/unpainted one? (Or, are folks painting over the factory one to get the black/body color look?)

Guess that was a few questions and not a couple.

Thanks for your replies!

/< / /2 /<

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Kirk,

Yes the door handles can be swapped out pretty easy. I would prolly go with the LT's especially if your gonna swap out the 20's cause you will pay alot for factory GM chrome 20's. Just my 0.2 cents!

Derek

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Kirk,

Yes the door handles can be swapped out pretty easy. I would prolly go with the LT's especially if your gonna swap out the 20's cause you will pay alot for factory GM chrome 20's. Just my 0.2 cents!

Derek

Hey D -- Assuming you're talking about rims when you say 20's, the wheels will be a whole 'nother story. LOL Just looking for grill and handle help now.

Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey D -- Assuming you're talking about rims when you say 20's, the wheels will be a whole 'nother story. LOL Just looking for grill and handle help now.

Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

Hey Kirk, LOL! Yeah the handles are not too bad to swap out at all and you can find some black painted handles on ebay if you catch it lucky like I did. I got a set of 4 for around $50 shipped!:cool: The grille shouldn't be bad at all to change.

Derek

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the one thing I LOVE about the LTZ...all that chrome, especially that front grill...:cool2:

I know, I know... I don't have the truck yet, so my thoughts could certainly change by the time I get it. LOL

Thanks, folks.