Crazy Door Lock Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First thread, new member with 2000 Escalade. Seems like I may be better off in the 1st gen Tahoe area but I'm trying to play by the rules.

Tailgate model, went to unlock the rear glass with the key fob this afternoon. Could hear the actuator move but the glass wouldn't release. Unlocked the truck, pushed the button on the dash and it came up immediately. Closed the glass and tried the fob again, no luck. Figured I'd deal with it later, locked the truck via the fob - heard the doors lock but the alarm didn't beep per usual. Unlocked it and hit lock again on the fob, the actuators went crazy. Sounds like it is trying to lock repeatedly. Ended up disconnecting the battery, let it sit for 45 mins. Tried to hook the battery back up and the lock actuators are still going.

From reading here, sounds like I may have a bad actuator somewhere that is causing the whole system to act odd?

Thanks!