damn vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clay2022

Reaction score
ok i have been getting a slight vibration at around 65, it feels smooth up to then then i feel it, then seems to smooth out after 70. i finally replaced all the shocks, since i was still rolling on the originals, and i am going tomorrow to have the place that sold me my 22" check the front tire balance. other than that any ideas?

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i have been getting a slight vibration at around 65, it feels smooth up to then then i feel it, then seems to smooth out after 70. i finally replaced all the shocks, since i was still rolling on the originals, and i am going tomorrow to have the place that sold me my 22" check the front tire balance. other than that any ideas?

That's a classic wheel balance problem.

Make sure that the shop that rebalances them knows what they are doing.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You replaced the shocks in an 07+ Tahoe already???? If so, why???

Where are you feeling the vibration??? Steering wheel or through the seat???

rahrens

Reaction score
This was a common problem with the early models. Mine was built in July 06 and drove the dealer crazy. Finally heard from GM that there was a problem with the torque converters. They tried changing wheels/tires, drive shafts, rear end, and then found out from GM about the torque converter. Once they changed it, smooth as silk.

tspain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since to have aftermarket 22's, that is most likely the problem. Be sure the tire place can check for Roadforce Variation. Any reputable tire store can check it. It determines if there are hard spots in the tire, and it can help match the tire to the wheel for the best possible ride.