De-badged rear & added chrome liftgate upper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks.

Been a while since I've posted anything, so I thought I'd share my most recent mod, even tho it's pretty minor. I debadged the liftgate and added the upper chrome piece and re-located the GMC logo.

What do you think? I like it -- much cleaner and maybe a bit "classier".

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the GMC should be in that place from the factory. LOOKS GREAT. But i miss, Yukon XL on the side. :D

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks RT. I do like it too...

I figure most people will realize that it's a Yukon XL, and I left the Denali badging on the sides, (them's the "money" emblems anyway). :rolleyes: I did save the YUKON XL badge just in case I want it back someday (prolly not).

The dual-backed body adhesive stuff is nasty. It took some heat, some serious elbow grease, mineral spirits, and then Meguiar's ScratchX, and lots of Ultimate Quik Detailer to clean 'er all up. Looks factory tho; I'm happy!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks RT. I do like it too...

I figure most people will realize that it's a Yukon XL, and I left the Denali badging on the sides, (them's the "money" emblems anyway). :rolleyes: I did save the YUKON XL badge just in case I want it back someday (prolly not).

The dual-backed body adhesive stuff is nasty. It took some heat, some serious elbow grease, mineral spirits, and then Meguiar's ScratchX, and lots of Ultimate Quik Detailer to clean 'er all up. Looks factory tho; I'm happy!

SO who did ya get to take it off then. Sounds to labor intensive for you :smilielol:

LOL that stuff is super sticky and messy. They do that so it will stay on there the life of the vehicle. But i have to agree that Ultimate quik detailer is the best stuff inbetween waxes. :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cute. I do all my own mods; I don't have "people". Nobody touches my truck except the GM techs and me. :cool2:

I agree! And even sometimes I dont trust the GM techs. Just dont let them get away with voiding your warrenty for a blown engine because you modified the badges. Sadly, i think some dealers would pull that. :nonod:

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I think the Acadia's are sort like that on the Rear. They have the GMC Logo attached to a Chrome accent.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I think the Acadia's are sort like that on the Rear. They have the GMC Logo attached to a Chrome accent.

ya.. i did mine a while back after seeing the Acadia. Lots of people comment about the rear tailgate. I also just chromed the red "GMC" emblem. (front grill and rear tailgate) http://tahoeforum.com/showpost.php?p=93322&postcount=31

I'm thinking about removing the "YUKON" emblem from the rear.

Last edited:

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
I love your Yukon! If I had one I would definitely be following your examples. The body color is amazing. I would like to have the chrome accent on my Hoe but I don't think it'd look right with the yellow bowtie + chrome trim around it. Very nice though I can see why you get comments on it.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love your Yukon! If I had one I would definitely be following your examples. The body color is amazing...

Thanks! I dunno if you were talking to me or ibobby, but since his and my trucks are so similar anyway, "thanks"! ;)

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I dunno if you were talking to me or ibobby, but since his and my trucks are so similar anyway, "thanks"! ;)
I've used both your guys' trucks as my inspiration... I tell myself that when my Denali grows up, it want to be like yours
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone use those tiny led light strips on the inside of their Hoe's or Yuk's? I saw them in a auto shop the other day and was thinking they could be added tastefully somewhere along the interior sides and connected to the interior lights when the door opens up..

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck is too clean. Go drive that thing through some mud or somthing GW. Then report back with lots of pics.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How 'bout snow?

Your truck is too clean. Go drive that thing through some mud or somthing GW. Then report back with lots of pics.

Not gonna happen bro! Not in mud anyway... ;)

I'll post some snow pics in a month or two when we get some worthy of plowing through! Cool?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gonna happen bro! Not in mud anyway... ;)

I'll post some snow pics in a month or two when we get some worthy of plowing through! Cool?

Well I do miss snow. For somereason being 5 hours south makes a lot of difference in how much we get.

But i took my 2wd though mud today. Was fun. But now my grill, running boards,tires,rims,and doors all have mud. LOL