Tahoe w/chrome extras. Pictures?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
Hey guys, I post more frequently on chevroletforum but I thought I'd give this site a try since it's more dedicated to the Tahoes.

Anyways, got an 08 LT3 as my first car! It's black, and I'm considering buying chrome mirror caps, mesh grille, window sills, running board trim, roof racks, door handles, rear bumper strip, possibly fenders, and the strip that runs over the door moldings [like the 07-08 Denalis].

Since I absolutely love these on my mom's Escalade, I have been very tempted to do this with my Tahoe. However, I don't want to waste money on something I'll turn out not to like. So, if you have an 07-09 Tahoe in black and you've added the door sills, rear bumper trim, running board/roof rack trims, or door trim, I'd LOVE to see pictures, [not the grille, mirror caps, or door handles - I've seen LTZ's =p]. It'd be great.

Thanks!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really like the Chrome mirror caps for the Tahoe, but the Escalade ones look pretty good because they're the lower half of the mirror not the top. www.stylintrucks.com, www.gmpartsdirect.com under 2008 Tahoe accessories and www.putco.com should have all the Chrome you're looking for.
Was the Tahoe some 16 b-day gift?

jeep450

Reaction score
It will look too ghetto IMHO. I have done this to a couple of trucks and they look like crap. The color match grill looks great on these trucks, being a black truck I would have everything you said but in black.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nnaboy, yes it was a 16th birthday thing, and I'm not really wanting the lower caps, though they do look better. I just want as much of a factory look as possible haha.

jeep450, thanks for the advice. I'm probably not gonna put that much on it, but I do want to add a little more than it has. I'm just gonna buy all of these parts and see which ones I like and which I don't to get a great look.

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I thought, though im 18 now my Ho was a 17th bday thing too, yeah like he said too much Chrome will look bad, but grilles, mirror caps, door handles, exhaust tips, tow hooks and the side door moldings will look good.
www.wooddashexperts.com and www.usspeedonline.com have some more chrome stuff.
And for the roof rack, there is no Chrome Trim or add on, you'd have to completely replace it with the 07 Escalade or 07 Yukon Denali Roof Racks which will easily run you about $600 and up.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha cool! And I think I might just go with the Ground Effects package from my dealer. But as for the roof rack, I wonder if my mom will notice hers going from chrome to black ;]
Nah, I'll probably just skip those. Seem to hard to install anyways.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slight thread-jack here... Are the chrome strips on the doors in these photos a "new for '09" item? Or, were the stock ones removed for Escalade strips (assuming those ARE Escalade strips)?

Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

New for '09 Feature on LTZ Tahoes and Suburbans. Also, they differ slightly from those that are on the Denali and Escalades.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow you guys are getting new Tahoes for your birthdays? What did I get for my 18th birthday... oh yeah, I got pushed out of the nest. I could never do that to my own kids, there were too many hard times along the way but at least now I know I did finally get somewhere on my own. Not jealous (well, maybe a little bit), just amazed...

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ibobby, but my mom repeatedly says "No, my car is fine the way it is. A little more chrome than I like but it's FINE."
So we leave it at that.

Black Dog, thanks I guess? Haha. That 3rd sentence about finally getting somewhere on your own is really what I like about adults with nice cars, almost every one of them that I know with considerably new cars have them because of the hard times and work they've been through. I honestly would rather have earned my car, I'd feel a lot better about having it. So, again, thanks :]

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you Black Dog in working for what you want, i'm not some spoilt brat, I still have to work save for what I've done and will do to the car because my rents will NOT do that for me, plus whenever I save up and buy something for my ho it feels so good to say what've you've done on your own and not what somebody else did for you!

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree Nnaboy, I like to work for my Tahoe's accessories and what not. It feels a lot better to know that you did that to your car from your own work. And even though my parents bought this Tahoe for me, I am nowhere near bratty. Heck, I'm proud of my Hoe, but I never even mention it to anyone, unless they ask about it. I don't even have pics of it on my MySpace because the last thing I want is for people to call me a spoiled rich kid.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, I'm happy for you guys coming up on it, just take care of them and don't wreck em being stupid and you'll still be just like the rest of us.
You guys ever see that video of the girl, on her birthday, whose parents surprised her with a new(er) car? Don't remember what, maybe a slightly used nice car, but she threw a fit and started crying about the color, made a big scene and ran off to cry like it was the end of the world. Now that was pathetic. I wanted to kick her and her mom both right in the azz.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I clean my hoe as much as possible, whether it's at home or at the car wash.
And yes I saw that! In fact my mom showed me on TV and was like "Please tell me you kids won't be like this!"
It was a little black Lexus car if I remember right. If you want to see kids act like this [and get what they deserve], you should watch "My Sweet 16", then "Exiled". I think that's what the 2nd one's called. It's on the same channel as "My Sweet 16".
In fact I saw it yesterday, and there was this guy who got a new BMW 3-series, and was telling the camera that everyone wants to be like him, he's the best, etc. so his parents and the TV network agreed to send him to a foreign country in a little tribe to learn how other people have to live.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will never wreck it, I take care of and love it too much to do that.
And yeah I saw that dumb chick cry over that crap on Sweet 16, (though I don't watch that show because I think its full of cocky stuck up kids) and yeah just like you I felt like throwing a wrench at her hea., though I don't watch that show because I think its full of cocky kids