Debadging?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

energ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if only the people at GM would think some times.... lol

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if only the people at GM would think some times.... lol

i guess the difference is i did not get a denali when i was shopping, i wanted 4wd, i wish they would offer that an an option of the denali as well, in 2000 the esclade could have been ordered with 2wd, 4wd, or awd, why cant they do that now??

energ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish they would as well i was trying to get away from awd (olds bravada before this truck) but i just love the look of the denali and the thought of a 6.0 liter

energ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then again the 2000 escalade might as well been a yukon/tahoe with a few emblems put on it.. (not too much was nicer other than the AWD option) same engines, same body moldings as a denali, and possibly the same as a Z71 hoe IIRC.. same old garbage interior with maybe a little touch of wood

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish they would as well i was trying to get away from awd (olds bravada before this truck) but i just love the look of the denali and the thought of a 6.0 liter

i decided to scafice power for capability, but if i was a mind i would take the engine out and bore it out to 6.0, the 5.3 and 6.0 have the same stroke, so i could if i had the time and the mind, and was able to use another car for the time it takes me to remove and engine, take town an engine and bore it out, probably at the pace i would move at i might as well get a crate motor and just swap engines insted of going thought the trouble.

energ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you were to go that far might as well go with a LS6 or LS2 haha

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought about shaving emblams, then getting the 07 letters to spell "HOETA"

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to debadge that stupid E85 Flex badge on the back of my Suburban. So what if it can use E85? Why would I want to advertise that capability when you can't even get E85 in my area?

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took off the ugly black plastic mouldings off my DMAX using gasoline, it was ALOT of tape to get off and the gasoline seemed to work best for me. Just my .02

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i decided to scafice power for capability, but if i was a mind i would take the engine out and bore it out to 6.0, the 5.3 and 6.0 have the same stroke, so i could if i had the time and the mind, and was able to use another car for the time it takes me to remove and engine, take town an engine and bore it out, probably at the pace i would move at i might as well get a crate motor and just swap engines insted of going thought the trouble.

You can't just bore out a 5.3 and make it a 6.0. You would have to do a lot more than just a bore to get there. Stroke it and maybe you could get the extra .7L but not just a bore.

Off topic sorry!:mpr:

energ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which plastic moldings are you talkin about on the dmax? over the wheels?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't just bore out a 5.3 and make it a 6.0. You would have to do a lot more than just a bore to get there. Stroke it and maybe you could get the extra .7L but not just a bore.

Off topic sorry!:mpr:

sorry for the off topic again, but the 06 5.3 and 6.0 has the same stroke. :cool2: plus i dont think i could ever find the time ( or the heart for that matter to tear apart my kon)

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More stickers

Debadging eliminates a lot of stuff to wax around and then try to clean up.

Sticker favorites: Happiness is a chainfed weapon
Keep honking, I'm reloading
Who is John Galt?