Delphi fj10566

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skychair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've posted, but need to work on my Yukon again.
I went over to Amazon to check prices on the Delphi fj10566 ($414) injector upgrade, and when it came up, it said it would not fit a 1999 Yukon. From all the reading I've done here recently I dont believe that is correct. The Delphi fj10566 will fit the 99 Yukon ....correct???
They also have the Standard Motors fj504, that fits but I dont know any thing about them....cheaper tho..($238)
Any thoughts comments?
Ron

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not the AC Delco unit for about a C-Note less? The reviews on the Delphi unit seem to indicate people have installed it in their vehicle, amazons vehicle matrix is sometimes wrong....

skychair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which one???

Why not the AC Delco unit for about a C-Note less? The reviews on the Delphi unit seem to indicate people have installed it in their vehicle, amazons vehicle matrix is sometimes wrong....

From what I've read the Delphi is ready to install...not to sure about the AC Delco something about 'O' rings and such.

I am also reading this note when looking at Delphi products.

'Note: Delphi partners with other manufacturers to supply the parts your car was originally built with. This product is in a Delphi package, however the part may have been manufactured by an independent Delphi supplier. '

Does this mean that if I buy the AC Delco or the Delphi that it may be a Standard Products item in a Delphi box .....@ 2 C-notes less?????:confused:

Thanks for looking, Ron

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of Delco stuff is made by someone else and branded such. That being said it isn't usually reverse engineered like the aftermarket usually is..... Good luck.

skychair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upgrade

My Yukon was purchased new in 1999, and now has 144,000 miles on it.
I have had the intake gasket leak for some time now and have been working around it for years.
My fix has been to mix up a 50/50 antifreeze solution and when the coolant over flow tank is near empty fill it completely up...to the brim, Ive been doing this 2-3 times a year for a very long time.
My Yukon runs Ok, it starts good, idles good, and generally performs good, almost never gets a code on my ScanGuage, had the ScanGuage probably 4 years now. I run the cheep gas.

I'm hoping the replacement of the poppet type spider with the one listed below will result in better idle, crisper acceleration, and perhaps a little help on mpg.
The replacement of the Knock sensors and harness are just preventative maintenance.
I've done a lot of reading on this forum going back to 2013, this forum is where I discovered 'why' I was loosing coolant.
This is what I think I need, if I missed some thing, or I shouldnt do something, let me know.
Still not sure about replacing the knock sensors.
List............................
Fel-Pro MS98000T manifold gasket set
Fel-Pro VS50293R valve cover gasket
AC Delco Fuel injection Spider 217-3029
Standard Products Knock Sensors (2) KS7T
AC Delco Knock Sensor harness 12601822
Permatex 82180 Ultra black 3.5 oz
Fel-Pro Bolt Set Es72224
This group of parts are available from Amazon Prime @ 'bout $500

I just got a labor estimate from our local shop East Coast auto repair..........$850.00
Thought this was kinda hi........comments

New estimate...........
Found a 'certified' mechanic ...works at one of the franchise garages that will do the labor for $350.
He's done one before.....

Once this is done the A/C needs attention, Ceramic brakes on the front, and so it goes.
I really like this vehicle.

Appreciate comments, suggestions, etc
Thanks for looking, Ron
Oh....what is the Home Depot plumbing part that replaces the Doorman quick connect????
Thanks.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have 2 knock sensors? Where are they located? I only have 1, the old block only had 1, the other block I picked up had 1.

I replaced the nipple on my truck that someone had installed because of the doorman quick connect, reinstalled a new quick connect and bought a new hose.

I put a powerstop drilled slotted rotor and ceramic brake pad set on my truck that I got off amazon.

A CASE LEARN will need to be done after the repair, I would be leary of someone who has only done one of the repairs, while not complicated you could miss a few things...

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon was purchased new in 1999, and now has 144,000 miles on it.
I have had the intake gasket leak for some time now and have been working around it for years.
My fix has been to mix up a 50/50 antifreeze solution and when the coolant over flow tank is near empty fill it completely up...to the brim, Ive been doing this 2-3 times a year for a very long time.
My Yukon runs Ok, it starts good, idles good, and generally performs good, almost never gets a code on my ScanGuage, had the ScanGuage probably 4 years now. I run the cheep gas.

I'm hoping the replacement of the poppet type spider with the one listed below will result in better idle, crisper acceleration, and perhaps a little help on mpg.
The replacement of the Knock sensors and harness are just preventative maintenance.
I've done a lot of reading on this forum going back to 2013, this forum is where I discovered 'why' I was loosing coolant.
This is what I think I need, if I missed some thing, or I shouldnt do something, let me know.
Still not sure about replacing the knock sensors.
List............................
Fel-Pro MS98000T manifold gasket set
Fel-Pro VS50293R valve cover gasket
AC Delco Fuel injection Spider 217-3029
Standard Products Knock Sensors (2) KS7T
AC Delco Knock Sensor harness 12601822
Permatex 82180 Ultra black 3.5 oz
Fel-Pro Bolt Set Es72224
This group of parts are available from Amazon Prime @ 'bout $500

I just got a labor estimate from our local shop East Coast auto repair..........$850.00
Thought this was kinda hi........comments

New estimate...........
Found a 'certified' mechanic ...works at one of the franchise garages that will do the labor for $350.
He's done one before.....

Once this is done the A/C needs attention, Ceramic brakes on the front, and so it goes.
I really like this vehicle.

Appreciate comments, suggestions, etc
Thanks for looking, Ron
Oh....what is the Home Depot plumbing part that replaces the Doorman quick connect????
Thanks.

Ceramic brakes are good on the front, replacing the Rotors is a good idea too, if the ones in 1999 are the same as 1996 then they are cap in hat (2 piece) rotors and prone to warping anyways, I replaced with some aftermarket (still ACDELCO) single construction and ACdelco pads and man she stops on a dime

For the A/C what issues are you having? I replaced my orifice tube, evaporator/drier, and compressor, all of which was pretty straightforward, I also used a venture style vacuum to vacuum the system, you can pick them up at harbor freight for like $15 and then you just need a good sized air compressor to run it, sure beats a $150 vacuum
I also bought a manifold set, $35 at harbor freight

You can get a 12-pack of refrigerant (12oz) on Amazon for about $50, that's about as dirt cheap as it comes

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C873Y60?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NZHHHK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

skychair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake gasket/spider/knocker replacement

lesterl reply:
Knockers:
My Yukon is a 99.... 2 knockers under the intake.

Disconnect:
I'm putting on the new quick disconnect,,cause I dont know what Home Depot part to replace it with??

Front brakes:
I'm looking at those front brakes also.

Case learn:
Why a 'case learn' I aint changing any programming????

Guy to do the work:
Well I've not done one, but he is coming to my house to do the work, I'm going to be the second pair of hands, so to speak.

Ice98 reply:
Disk brakes:
Yes I am going to replace the original rotors, where did you get your brakes?

A/C:
Havent thought a lot about the A/C just yet...I guess a pressure test for leaks would be the first thing to do...I dont know.
What I do know is in the past I've spent $1400 for A/C repair in 2009 and its not performed as new since then.
As far as the venturi punp can it be done with a pancake compressor? thats all I have.
Thanks for the reply's Guys.........
Ron

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your knock sensors are under the intake I suspect you have a 5.3l as the 5.7l has knock sensor on the passenger side of block above starter. Do you have a picture of the engine bay, are you shure it is a 99 Yukon, I thought they kept the 5.7l thru 2000.

If you have a 5.3l there shouldn't be a distributor and wont need a case learn. If you have a 5.7l and you have moved the distributor you will need to run the learn.

skychair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your knock sensors are under the intake I suspect you have a 5.3l as the 5.7l has knock sensor on the passenger side of block above starter. Do you have a picture of the engine bay, are you shure it is a 99 Yukon, I thought they kept the 5.7l thru 2000.

If you have a 5.3l there shouldn't be a distributor and wont need a case learn. If you have a 5.7l and you have moved the distributor you will need to run the learn.

Thanks .....I had convinced my self that my 99 Yukon knock sensors were located under the intake, My Bad.
I had watched so many UTubes that they blended together, it also saved me about $120, so thanks again.

I have ordered off Amazon the following parts
The Ac Delco spider, Felpro Manifold bolts, Gasket set + 1 more valve cover gasket, an the Doorman quick disconnect.

I'm accumulating parts right now ......But am in no hurry to start the work until it warms up a bit.
I have also read very good things about the BlackBear tune. I probably cant get to in person tune, will most likely do the mail in one.
Anyone have any experience with them????
This is my engine bay

Attachments

• DSC00148.jpg
    DSC00148.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00151.jpg
    DSC00151.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 2