Dog sets of alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bossmare

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Recently purchased a 2015 LTZ....still trying to figure out the electronics and settings. My dog goes with me often and when I lock him in the truck to make a quick stop, he sets the alarm off....horn blows, siren, lights flash and the poor dog freaks out. How do I disable this???

bossmare

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Recently purchased a 2015 LTZ....still trying to figure out the electronics and settings. My dog goes with me often and when I lock him in the truck to make a quick stop, he sets the alarm off....horn blows, siren, lights flash and the poor dog freaks out. How do I disable this???

Does no one have an answer for this????
:confused:

chevylove

Reaction score
Have you tried looking up the owners manual for the type of alarm it has? That's what I always do... You could wait forever otherwise. Maybe check the Tahoes owner manual if the alarm is standard equipment?? ☺

bossmare

Reaction score
Have you tried looking up the owners manual for the type of alarm it has? That's what I always do... You could wait forever otherwise. Maybe check the Tahoes owner manual if the alarm is standard equipment?? ☺

Ok, there is a button in the overhead console they call "intrusions and inclination" button (there's about 10 controls up there}....the button has an icon of a car with a line across it (???not very descriptive). That is how you turn off the motion sensor if you leave a pet in the car. It only stays off until you start the car again so you have to de-activate system every time you stop somewhere. This is a nice truck and I'm getting used to it but IMO, the electronics and controls are not very user friendly.

bossmare

Reaction score
So you're saying you don't like having to push that deactivate button every time you leave the dog in the car? Seems like a pretty simple thing to do...am I missing something?

Hahaha, you're right! It just hasn't been easy to get used to the electronics in the vehicle....very different than what I had so the "dog button" was just something else to bitch about.....it is actually a very nice vehicle and I'm fine with it after a month.....