Don't want lift/lower per se, just performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rklingsten

Reaction score
Hi folks, I just inherited my dad's 08 Tahoe LT which is in beautiful shape. It has just north of 81000 miles and near religious adherence to all maintenance, etc.

Anyway, I'm coming from a 2001 Toyota Sequoia which I've had since new and I love, so the Chevy is taking a bit of getting used to. The Toyota is having rust issues after all these years.

My one complaint with the Tahoe is that the suspension is crap, for me. I understand it's more of a luxury suspension and that's fine, I'm sure many people love it the way it is.

However, I want something closer to my Toyota. Crisp in the turns, etc. The Tahoe feels like a wallowing pig when I turn into my driveway over the rain gutter curb at the end. It's very boatlike in handling.

What can I do to stiffen this thing up? Like, what's the low hanging fruit? I don't want any raising or lowering per se, I'm in Michigan and the roads are bumpy/potholed or raised seam roads, basically all round bad. But I don't want to feel like I'm turning the Titanic around corners.

I'm looking for easy bolt-on stuff; I don't want to modify shock towers or be drilling on the thing, but I have spring compressors and whatnot and have done coilover struts before on the Toyota... I'm thinking new springs, struts/shocks whichever and maybe sway bars? Any suggestions?

thanks -

Rob