Dual Exhaust - Flowmaster Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j4jason83

Reaction score
I am wanting to do a dual exhaust setup for my 2004 Yukon. But I am not sure what setup to go. I have talked to a few people and everyone says something different. One said I should do dual 40s, while another said a 50 SUV with dual in and dual out.

I want to increase performance, get the Flowmaster sound, and increase the horsepower and fuel mileage.

I want something that has a nice sound at idle, something that sounds good when you step on it, but not something that sounds like a loud POS.

Any sugguestions on what I should do.

chrias

Reaction score
You're going to lose bottom end power if you go with a true dual exhaust setup. Your best bet is to use a single in/dual out flowmaster. As far as which series to go with that is up to you to decide. I like the Delta 40 Series in my Suburban but others say that it's too loud for their taste. I will be upgrading to the Super 44 next week.

A lot of people already tell me my truck sounds like a monster when I get on it, even when I'm just cruising but I like my exhaust loud. lol

j4jason83

Reaction score
I had one shop say that I should cut the pipe ahead of the Y and then run it back with 2 Flowmasters and an H-pipe. Someone else said that I should do that but instead run it back with dual in and dual out 50 SUV.

I dont know very much about this at all so I am trying to do enough research before I do this.

Any info that I can get would really help me out.

Thanks.

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that it is worse to do dual in, dual out then it is to do single in, dual out, since it will only create more back pressure or something like that. That you really won't gain any sort of performance gain really from doing that. So if you want to have a dual out exhaust, just go for the single in, dual out. That's my opinion though....

I'm sure someone will chime in....

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got better performance from a dual in single out, got a strong take off the line and better mpg but I didnt do flowmaster I did magnaflow.

chrias

Reaction score
If you go two mufflers or dual in/dual out you will reduce the backpressure drastically and you will kill your lower end performance but gain more in the top end. All vehicles require a certain amount of backpressure to run efficiently as well as give good power. You have to find the balance by determining where you want power the most.

If you're looking for the dual exhaust look do the single 3" in/dual 2 1/2" out. If you want the factory look do a dual 2 1/12" in/single 3" out.

As far as muffler brand is concerned that is up to you. I myself am partial to Flowmaster as I like the chambered muffler sound and I like it loud.

j4jason83

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Magnaflow installed on their Yukon? I had one shop tell me that I should do that instead of a Flowmaster. It will give me better performance. It won't be as loud as a Flowmaster, but it will still sound good.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will be doing a Magnaflow review and write up article soon. Be on the lookout for it. :D

Does anyone have a Magnaflow installed on their Yukon? I had one shop tell me that I should do that instead of a Flowmaster. It will give me better performance. It won't be as loud as a Flowmaster, but it will still sound good.