dual exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skychair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vehicle in question is a 99 Yukon 5.7 with dual inlet, single outlet stock exhaust system.
I was hoping to change over to a dual exhaust cat back system.

I have seen dual systems on youtube featuring the 99 Yukon/Tahoe, but I dont know how the driver side exhaust pipe crosses over?
There is not a lot of room considering the gas tank/spare tire etc.

Anyone out there done a dual system on a 99 Yukon/Tahoe?
Appreciate any info/link etc.
Ron

Califbikeguy

Reaction score
Hi skychair, I own a 99' police package Tahoe. It came with dual exhaust to the muffler that was dual inlet, single outlet. The drivers side crosses over close to where the trans mates to the motor. Since it had dual cats, I simply removed the stock muffler and ran turbo mufflers side by side and ran the exhaust pipes out behind the right rear tire side by side. It's quiet, has more grunt with being less restrictive. I also added a spectre conical air filter(cheaper than k&n) and left the top lid off and gained even more performance. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skychair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yokon duals

Hi skychair, I own a 99' police package Tahoe. It came with dual exhaust to the muffler that was dual inlet, single outlet. The drivers side crosses over close to where the trans mates to the motor. Since it had dual cats, I simply removed the stock muffler and ran turbo mufflers side by side and ran the exhaust pipes out behind the right rear tire side by side. It's quiet, has more grunt with being less restrictive. I also added a spectre conical air filter(cheaper than k&n) and left the top lid off and gained even more performance. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply ....what brand of turbo's did you run?
I'm looking for a moderate growl, but quite in the truck at hi way speeds.
I have a KN filter, just cleaned/oiled ...I removed the air intake box completely.
Did you notice any MPG gain with the turbo set up?
Got any pictures of your set up? Any help appreciated.
Thanks again, Ron

Califbikeguy

Reaction score
Hey Ron, hope this picture
e56ac2c28c545584f2950769f7c6d20f.jpg
comes out alright. Excuse my truck for being so dirty due to all the rain we've had. I bought the Thrush Turbo mufflers through Autozone. They were $28 each two years ago with 2.5 inch diameter in and out. I noticed a little better throttle response and about 2mpg more a gallon on flat roads. Passing other vehicles was much better than stock. Let me know if this helps you out. Keith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skychair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Thrush Turbo mufflers through Autozone. They were $28 each two years ago with 2.5 inch diameter in and out. I noticed a little better throttle response and about 2mpg more a gallon on flat roads. Passing other vehicles was much better than stock. Let me know if this helps you out. Keith.

Thanks for the pictures....
I have decide to go with a 524553 50 series Flowmaster.
Hope to get better performance over my 17 year old stock muffler.
Single exhaust out the side like it came.
I do like your dual set up, just cant jump on it now.
Get it installed next couple of days.
Thanks again, Ron