DVD player & fan noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hardavmotcyc66

Reaction score
Couple of questions...
I have a 2003 z71 Tahoe with a power moonroof...I am wondering if the stock gm dvd player can be installed after the fact...are the hookups there?
Also, I am hearing a fan noise from ceiling just behind the back seat, even if the climate system is turned off-what am I hearing? I installed a pet barrier that puts pressure on the ceiling, but far to the outside. Any ideas?

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions...
I have a 2003 z71 Tahoe with a power moonroof...I am wondering if the stock gm dvd player can be installed after the fact...are the hookups there?
Also, I am hearing a fan noise from ceiling just behind the back seat, even if the climate system is turned off-what am I hearing? I installed a pet barrier that puts pressure on the ceiling, but far to the outside. Any ideas?

Are you sure all controls are off??

jesus10

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I have 2003 z71 with a sunroof. I have a Audiovox aftermarket Dvd player. Mine makes a fan noise on hot days also. I have checked all my controls and have the Dvd off or on and still makes that noise and made sure the climate controls were off. Don't know where it's coming from.

Also is there a way to make the sound from the dvd to come out of the speakers because right now it's only through the headphones.

blackdenalixl

Reaction score
Isnt there another climate control fan in the rear? If so that may be the noise you hear. As far as I know it runs all the time..