E85, is anyone using it yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDosdorian

Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I am just amazed of how much it costs.

I agree it is expensive, and I didn't take it as you saying it was a bad idea. I am sorry if I came across like that. However, when you consider as 50% increase in HP and Torque, it works itself out.

slowmobile

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the whipple supercharger package is designed, but magnacharger makes a supercharger kit for the 5.3 relying on the fact that it is E85 capable. Vehicles that are equipped for E85 have higher injector duty cycle. As an example, most cars are probably designed with a 75% duty cycle. Since the engine uses more fuel on E85 it is designed for 75% on E85 and around 50-60% on gas. Since they are running at only 50 percent, you can just alter the fuel curve and the supercharger will provide more air. Now if you are running e85, and they did not design the system to support, you could have a lean situation since the injectors may not provide enough fuel. I have the flu right now and running a 103 fever so I might have screwed up in my thinking somewhere.

RDosdorian

Reaction score
I understand where you are going with this thought. I truely believe that Whipple Performance will work everything out before they put a product out to the public. They have a great reputation and I have never had any problems with them in all the years I have used them.