eagle eye led tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevin

Reaction score
hello my name is kevin i just join I've a new chevy tahoe and i install the eagle eye led tail lights everything works good but the only thing i cannot fix is the fast flash and its on my left side only do any body has the same problem i need help with this can any body help thanx: nonod:

Last edited:

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello my name is kevin i just join I've a new chevy tahoe and i install the eagle eye led tail lights everything works good but the only thing i cannot fix is the fast flash and its on my left side only do any body has the same problem i need help with this can any body help thanx: nonod:
get load equalizers from autozone they keep them in stock or order them off of the internet (cheaper)

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Eagle Eye LED taillites I got from jazejeff came w/ all the req'd electronics and work just like OEMs.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
73shark -- I'm getting ready to anti-up for jazejeff's G3s. Are those the same ones you purchased?

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
73shark -- I'm getting ready to anti-up for jazejeff's G3s. Are those the same ones you purchased?

Not to steal any business from Jazejeff but I know where you can get the G3's for cheaper. I did! Of course I had to order mine first (which should be in sent off in the mail tomorrow. Won't be here for Thanksgiving :cryin:)

Let me know if interested.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Eagle Eye LED taillites I got from jazejeff came w/ all the req'd electronics and work just like OEMs.

73shark - when you state "req'd electronics", what add'l components, if any, does jazejeff's come with that others do not.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And what are the differences? I asked that on one of JazzeJeff's tail light threads and even sent him a PM and got no response. The eagle eyes I saw off of ebay had two plugs sticking out and I know that the stock tail lights only have one plug.

Here is what I'm talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:1|39:1|240:1318

I went with the G3's b/c I saw that they only had one plug. But now looking at both exteriors, I guess both resemble the Esky tails.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
73shark - when you state "req'd electronics", what add'l components, if any, does jazejeff's come with that others do not.

The added electronics are in the little module in the lower left corner of the left pic on the ebay link. I'm guessing the load resistors and what sounds like a relay are in there.

The connectors on the wires plug into the OEM bulb sockets so you don't even have to get under the truck to hook into the harness. Truly plug & play.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The connectors on the wires plug into the OEM bulb sockets so you don't even have to get under the truck to hook into the harness. Truly plug & play.

So I'm confused on why two plugs on the back of the ebay listing eagle eyes. Are you saying that even though it has two on the back we will only be using one?

Attached is a picture of the back of a factory tail light. Note there is only one plug.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 24

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e-dub75, I think the picture on the ebay site indicates only one plug (black plug w/green wires) that would be plugged into the OEM harness. The others appear to be what 73shark indicated as being the load resistor and relay. I think they will be plug-n-play.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm confused on why two plugs on the back of the ebay listing eagle eyes. Are you saying that even though it has two on the back we will only be using one?

Attached is a picture of the back of a factory tail light. Note there is only one plug.

OK. Once more slowly. When you remove your OEM tails and pull the bulbs out, you plug the Eagle Eye connectors into the the empty sockets and then put the connector into the Eagle Eye tails just like a bulb socket. The backup bulb is just like the OEM.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I received my G3’s today and G3’s ARE Eagle Eyes! I didn’t know that. 73shark I understand what you are saying but it doesn’t match with the picture. But neverless it doesn’t matter either b/c my G3’s/Eagle eyes don’t look the same in the back as the Ebay one’s do. Attached is a pic of what they look like out of the box.

Now I just have to get up with LaredoTexas and see how hard it is to swap the reverse lights for HID’s.

Attachments

• tail3.JPG
    tail3.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 23
  • tail4.JPG
    tail4.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 21

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, well that's cool. Not a problem. Just have to figure out how to swap out the factory reverse bulbs to HID's.

yatch07

Reaction score
e-dub75 have u install your led tail lights already if you did was there any issues with the lights flasihng to fast i am just wondering because i am thinking about purchasing a kit from the same people you purchase yours from.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I just installed them about 3 hrs ago. No, no fast flashing b/c they come with a resignator (i think that's what it is called). I swapped my reverse lights for HID's also (you have to be brave to do this, haha).

Hey check out what I wrote about the install and the pics:
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=11199&page=3

Any questions, let me know.