Easy Exit...please help me understand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SIGNGUY

Reaction score
with the easy exit set to "on" when I take the key out the seat moves back, which is great...
HOWEVER...when I go to get back in and hit unlock on the fob the seat moves forward, making it hard to enter...???
that seems crazy to me...
In our Corvettes it moves back to give you "easy entrance" the way it should be...
What gives with this?
thank you for any help given :)

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya..and on other vehicles.. the steering wheel also tilts up.

maybe they will make it better in the future.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:D I kinda thought that after seeing a pic of the electronic tilt button in the 09s

It was a nice surprise when my '09 was delivered.

Not to sound unappreciative but....I wish it would telescope too! LOL

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On our other car, the seat doesn't move back to driving position until the key is in the ignition which makes more sense because you get easy exit and entrance.

SIGNGUY

Reaction score
On our other car, the seat doesn't move back to driving position until the key is in the ignition which makes more sense because you get easy exit and entrance.

EXACTLY...in the Yukon, while your opening the door, your watching the seat go forward, thinkin "WTF"
Is that the way everyones does? That has to be wrong!

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like the designers never thought it through to see if their idea made sense before they built it :D.

The only work-around I can think of is a little involved and will only work if there's only 1 driver. Basically, set Memory Seat 1 so that it's all the way back. Turn on Easy Exit. Set Memory Seat 2 to your regular driving position.

Then when you pull your key out, the seat will move back. When you unlock the car, and open the door, the seat will move(stay) at Memory Seat 1, so it will be easy for you to get in, too. Once you sit down, press Memory Seat 2 to move into driving position.

I've thought about trying that, but I'm too lazy to do it. It would have been nice if it was all automatic :p.

SIGNGUY

Reaction score
It's like the designers never thought it through to see if their idea made sense before they built it :D.

The only work-around I can think of is a little involved and will only work if there's only 1 driver. Basically, set Memory Seat 1 so that it's all the way back. Turn on Easy Exit. Set Memory Seat 2 to your regular driving position.

Then when you pull your key out, the seat will move back. When you unlock the car, and open the door, the seat will move(stay) at Memory Seat 1, so it will be easy for you to get in, too. Once you sit down, press Memory Seat 2 to move into driving position.

I've thought about trying that, but I'm too lazy to do it. It would have been nice if it was all automatic :p.

Thanx :)
So...that is correct then...I am amazed... :crazy:

Don DePontee

Reaction score
Carmichael, Ca. just outside of Sacramento
On the LT3 and LTZ (I have the LTZ) drivers door I have a set of switches for driver one and driver two and in between these two switches is a easy entrance switch that moves the drivers seat all the way back. Problem solved.
Don

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Denali has that button, too. The problem is when you unlock the door, the seat moves up before you have chance to get in.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks, we all know there are a lot of people in charge of important things THAT SHOULD NOT BE IN CHARGE. :D We always learn the hard way.

They must have thought that no one should have problems getting into the truck. Did they think about when owners just need to get something out of the truck? When u unlock it, the seat moves for no reason. Would have been better if it moved when the key was inserted and turned. One touch "window up" would also have been nice.

I never noticed the easy entrance selection between the door setting switch. Maybe its time to read the manual vs skimming through it. (my fault)

Only one know if the Escalade easy exit is the same way?

Last edited:

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are using the wrong remote then. The remotes on the new ones arent labeled 1 and 2 anymore. took me while to figure out why it went forward and it because as soon as you unlock it, it moves forward to the other position. Switch the remotes and it shouldnt do that anymore.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are using the wrong remote then. The remotes on the new ones arent labeled 1 and 2 anymore. took me while to figure out why it went forward and it because as soon as you unlock it, it moves forward to the other position. Switch the remotes and it shouldnt do that anymore.

should not be a problem to anyone...the remotes can be reprogrammed to whatever driver.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they are set like on the nbs just not labeled. This fixed the problem on my 08 yukon. Or if you want to keep using the same remote try reprogramming your memory seat to the the other option and use the same remote.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW my 2002 TrailBlazer seat went forward upon key insertion, not remote unlock.

Don DePontee

Reaction score
Carmichael, Ca. just outside of Sacramento
As soon as you hit the remote it will move everything to your preset position as the door is unlocked, now the seat has moved forward but like I mentioned above - as you open the door just hit the button between the two memory buttons on the drivers door panel and the seat will move back to let you sit down. After you sit in the drivers seat you will then need to hit your preset button (1 or 2) to return your seat to the preset you like.
Don

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as you hit the remote it will move everything to your preset position as the door is unlocked, now the seat has moved forward but like I mentioned above - as you open the door just hit the button between the two memory buttons on the drivers door panel and the seat will move back to let you sit down. After you sit in the drivers seat you will then need to hit your preset button (1 or 2) to return your seat to the preset you like.
Don

good work-around but this might burn the seat out faster.