Elec. cooling fan mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoABurnout

Reaction score
Has anyone had the issue of the A/C circuit not being able to run the relay?? I attached one of the relays to be tripped when the A/C clutch was engaged, but it will only engage both relays for a bout 5 sec until they both kick off. I currently have the fans run through a toggle on that circuit so I just do them manually. Why would the A/C circuit not have enough Voltage to run both relays at once??

01 suburban ls

Reaction score
Has anyone had the issue of the A/C circuit not being able to run the relay?? I attached one of the relays to be tripped when the A/C clutch was engaged, but it will only engage both relays for a bout 5 sec until they both kick off. I currently have the fans run through a toggle on that circuit so I just do them manually. Why would the A/C circuit not have enough Voltage to run both relays at once??

Which wire did you tap into and where?

01 suburban ls

Reaction score
Thats the same one I tapped into, except I tapped into it closer to the fuse box. Never experienced the issues you're having.

DoABurnout

Reaction score
Thats the same one I tapped into, except I tapped into it closer to the fuse box. Never experienced the issues you're having.

I thought that might be the issue, but I never thought there would be that much voltage drop from the fuse box to the compressor. I am however, running from the A/C clutch back to the fuse dist block where I have the fan relay mounted. So I suppose all distances combined could be the culprit... Thanks for the input!