Electrical chaos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PunishedC10

Reaction score
I recently got my wife a '08 Yukon XL 4wd with the LC9. We got it in the middle of April. Few weeks later the truck was dead. Replaced the bad battery. About 2-3 weeks later, it was dead again. This time a bad alternator. Last Monday I replaced the alternator again because it was dead and the new alternator tested bad. Friday morning, the Yukon was dead again, another bad alternator. So now it's on a brand new 160amp vs a reman 145amp. I also replaced the belt tensioner because I noticed that it was bouncing around as if it was loose. It could also be a partial factor in the voltage issues. Now that I have the 160amp alternator in it, it seems to stay at 14V more then it ever did before. But this morning (Sunday). It's dead again....
I'm not new to the GEN III or GEN IV GM LS motors. I have an '85 C10 with an ls1 with ls2 heads, and a 4l80e. So far my C10 and my '02 Tahoe are far more relaible then this Yukon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I would also like to add that there are 0 codes popping up, no check engine light, etc. But when tested at O'Reilly's, their tester says 'voltage regulator fault'. And I have only been able to get it to remote start 2 times out of about 600 tries...
All of the battery wire terminals on the ends of the cables look brand new.... So I'm not sure where the greminlin may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!