Engine Coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last week while at the lake my engine coolant light came on. it was when i had to back down a pretty steep slope, anyways the light came on i drove it for about 1/2 mile then stopped. when i was going to leave again the light never came back on and i havent seen it since. im thinking since i was on a decline it triggered the sensor then restarting the vehicle caused it to reset. but just in case i checked the level and this is where my question is..the coolant level is about an 1 to 1.5 inches below the line marked fill cold. Does this sound like the right amount of coolant? i looked in the owners manual and its not clear what level it needs to be at, says how to do everything but that. i dont know if i just overlooked it or what. sorry if this is a stupid question but i dont want to take any chances. Thanks for the help

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can check the level once the engine and coolant is cold, and fill it up to the FILL COLD line. This is the proper level and should keep the low coolant sensor from triggering when the vehicle is at steep angles.

unlukky

Reaction score
You can check the level once the engine and coolant is cold, and fill it up to the FILL COLD line. This is the proper level and should keep the low coolant sensor from triggering when the vehicle is at steep angles.

+1. What he said. :)