Fel-Pro MS98000T intake gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone used these gaskets or the gm equivalent. i hear they are far superior to the older style. on the gm website it states that different bolts are needed. is this true for the felpro as well? Does the felpro come only the 2 gaskets or is the upper and lower set the only way it comes?

Snow

Reaction score
I can't remember which Fel-pro model number I used, but recall it was the revised version. All I can say is no matter which plastic gasket you you, also use "The Right Stuff" from permatex. It's what OEMs have been using instead of gaskets in many applications. Also, make SURE not to overtorque! It's only a couple pounds on plastic!

41racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone used these gaskets or the gm equivalent. i hear they are far superior to the older style. on the gm website it states that different bolts are needed. is this true for the felpro as well? Does the felpro come only the 2 gaskets or is the upper and lower set the only way it comes?

I have installed quite a few of this new style gasket. They make it for the 3800 and 3100/3400 V6's also. It is a far superior design. I haven't used the new style gm gasket or the bolt, but from what I understand the bolt has a shoulder so you can't over torque it. The fel-pro gasket just uses the factory bolt and a different torque. I would use the "Right Stuff" by permatex on the end rails. It's by far the best silicone made. I just got a set of these gaskets for my tahoe, now I just need to find the time to do it. Oh yeah, the fel pro set comes with the lower gaskets, dist gasket, upper manifold gasket, one valve cover gasket, throttly body gasket, and a oval o-ring for the (for lack of better term) injector to upper manifold.

Don't forget when you're done to set the cam offset to 0* +- 3*. Don't know which aftermarket scan tools if any will read cam offset, but the tech 2 will.