Finally got my brakes in!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I waited like a month to get these damn things delivered. Here are a few pics of them. Now I just have to get someone to install these for me given how I can **** up a wet dream when it comes to mechanical ventures.

Here they are waiting for me patiently at my front door, damn FedEx guy just dropped them and ran.
DSC04739.jpg

Here are all the components arranged as I will need to get them installed, notice the McGard wheel locks, I lost the key for my original locks so I had to order me some. Also, the Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines are also in the mix, figured I should get this done right, too bad I couldn't afford the Brembo kit....
DSC04743.jpg

I know they advertise them as big brake kits, but damn, I can fit my fat ass face in the rear rotor...
DSC04748.jpg

Well, I am pretty booked at work this week so I won't be able to take a day off until next week in order to get these installed, along with a set of Bridgestone Duelers, I wanted the Michelins, but my wife set some limits to my spending.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, how much did it set you back? BTW, I know you said you're not mechanically inclined, but I can think of few things simpler to do than this, if you were to do it. Just don't let anyone rip you off, it's a quick job. Please post up the performance differences!!!

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, how much did it set you back? BTW, I know you said you're not mechanically inclined, but I can think of few things simpler to do than this, if you were to do it. Just don't let anyone rip you off, it's a quick job. Please post up the performance differences!!!

Thanks guys, the whole thing including tires is roughly $3,750 but I picked up the brakes from autoanything.com at $2,330.54 shipped. I got the guy who is getting my tires mounted do it and they are going to charge me about $200 for putting the new hardware for the brakes and getting a brake flush to include all fluids and "hazmat" disposal. Thanks for the heads up Black Dog, but I do not trust me near something as vital as brakes. It may seem like a high price but I got these guys names from a customer of mine and he is quite demanding and a perfectionist, so if these guys are good enough for him to recommend, I'll bite once.

I dropped off the truck tonight so they can get it done for me tomorrow, when I get home from work, she will be wearing ALL new shoes...I can't wait...Mommy, is that really Santa Claus?

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I just got back from work and I didn't get there in time to get her back with the new brakes and tires and all, the guy over the phone was telling me how amazing those brakes looked, said they were the fattest rotors he has seen in all his years, they are almost comparable in thickness to 18 wheeler rotors.....I CAN"T WAIT!!!!! I will go and pick the ol' 'kon tomorrow morning before going to work, then get her cleaned and I will post some pics in the evening!!!!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like those brakes alot but I went to Autoanything.com and I think it said the kit (front and rear) would be $2600 shipped, how'd you get it cheaper?

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like those brakes alot but I went to Autoanything.com and I think it said the kit (front and rear) would be $2600 shipped, how'd you get it cheaper?

I called a lot of websites that I came across and asked them simply, "I am going to buy the front and rear brake kits, if I get them from you, what is the best price out the door you can give me?" I didn't haggle, with the way things are going right now, they were ALL quite open to giving me a good price. I actually got a lower price from usabrakes.com by about $100, but the kid cursed constantly while I was on the phone with him, I didn't think I would get any kind of professional service from them if anything went wrong so I opted for autoanything.com...but if you order them, be forewarned....it will be weeks before they ship it to you, apparently Baer makes these as you order them. Whomever you buy them from, just tell them, you want shipping confirmation before they charge your card. I waited 4 weeks from the time I ordered them to the time they showed up at my door. Autoanything was quite helpful in this with me, they were professional in the way they handled my order from beginning to end, so the $100 doesn't seem as much now.

P.S.

I got the brake lines from nopionline Call the Savannah, Ga. number, the guys name is Robert, more helpful than any of the other locations they have. Plus, the lines shipped were less than what tirerack retails for.

Last edited: