First car project ever need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 03. Chevy suburban with 5.3L motor and travel with my job which is climbing cell towers and this requires a lot of windshield time and what I mean is 500 to 1500 miles there and back and living in SD I get a lot of snow but the suburban does also get parked for up to three months at a time what should I upgrade looking at grille guard but don't know where else to go from there please send some suggestions my any will be helpful and are there any major things motor trans or anything mechanical to watch out for on these thank ove and out have a relatively decent sized budget

Tacobender24

Reaction score
well you'll definitely want to have someone start the vehicle and let it run for a little at least 2 times a week while you aren't using it so find someone you trust to do that. to get better gas milage get a CAI, performance exhaust, and performance programmer. If you go off road for you're job and depending upon how rough the terrain is, a leveling kit (at very least) and bigger tires should definitely be looked into. also if you tow anything, HD tow mirrors are good. have them on my tahoe, so much better than stock mirrors. and if you do a lot of driving at night, HID high and low beams are a really good investment. lastly, look into winch bumpers if you want a ton of protection for the truck