Fit 285 70R 17 on stock '09 w/out MOD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastbal25

Reaction score
New member and still trying to figure things out. I have a '09 Tahoe LT and would like to install 285 70R 17 BFG A/Ts without modifications. I've heard mixed things searching for hours online.... won't fit, will fit, won't rub, will rub, need leveling kit....and so on. Can I get away with the larger tire without mod or will I have to go with a 1.5" front leveling kit or bigger? The smaller the leveling kit the better if needed, still want the stock ride and don't want to overstress the joints/shocks. I had a '07 Silverado 1500 Z71 and installed 285s with no problems or rubbing keeping everything stock... not sure if this is similar. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome: Going with bigger tires from stock indeed but in my opinion u should be able to install just fine silverado's and tahoe's are about the same thing except one is a pick up truck and the other an SUV but that's about it.