Flat Black 01 Tahoe ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alrite?? well im not some kind of guy who is just going to charge people mad ass cash for something i like and can do good. .. if you dont believe me and my abilities to do it then thats fine.. if you are a painter yourself and think im crazy, thats fine.. im not trying to make any business over this forum, i was just saying what i believe and what i can do for that guy with a spending limit of 2500 bucks...

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is your daily driver, I probably wouldn't do it. It would be a PTA to keep up and wouldn't last that long in the elements. I agree that it does look cool though. Check out this months edition of Truckin' (It has a NNBS gray and lime green Chevy truck on the cover). They actually answered a question from a reader about flat black paint jobs.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id go with flat black man..my bagged truck has flat and i love it..its really easy to keep clean, dont have to wax it, and fairly resiliant to scratches..i will see how it holds up over a few years (if i keep it that long)..and you want more of a satin, then the flat..heres mine when it first got painted..the paint cured weird..it was hot rodz flatz, which is a base/clear..it got repainted with single stage and its been great..

before
CIMG3193.jpg

new paint
CIMG3741.jpg

CIMG3732.jpg

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn that paint is sickkkkkkkkk.
well, i talked to the guy again, he said i can go with him
to go buy the paint i want used on my truck... i want something like
nickleah's truck... what do i look for ?

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you ask for hot rodz flatz black it should look like my truck in the first picture, on the grille..heres a picture of the tailgate as well. for some reason the grille and tailgate are the only parts that came out right..if he isnt experienced with that paint or hasnt heard of it, just ask about a single stage satin black..thats all mine is..so far i havent noticed any problems with mine being single stage, but i guess only time will tell..

CIMG2972.jpg

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i seee... another question
how hard is it to keep it clean?
like how do you clean a dirty spot ?
and i always park my truck outside... the dust or whatever from the trees always end up in my truck... how wouldd u clean that?

sorry 4 the 21 questions :(

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no problem man..

It really isnt that hard to keep clean..easier then normal black IMO..
you can use quick detailer to clean a dirty spot..chit before show i even used windex to clean it and it did a great job lol..
I also park outside..i just use one of those california dusters, then thing with all the soft pieces of thread on it..works wonders and all the dust and pollon comes right off

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 4 quotes to have my black Yukon painted matte black and they ranged between $4500 and $6k. I would have gone 2500.00 in a heartbeat. The only thing i dont like about the matte black are the glossy windows right next to the matte finish. I figured i would get the outside of the windows wrapped with that car wrapper stuff, but flat black. I think the 07 Tahoe on Rob and Big looks retarded with the glossy windows. JMO.

If you can get a good, professional paint job for 2500.00 I say jump all over it - especially if it isnt coming out of your pocket.