Flex-Fuel Tuner Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D'Hag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've contacted JennaBear about having him tune my Tahoe. And I'm considering buying my own EFILive or HPTuners (but man are they expensive! :eek2:).

I wrote to SuperChips about their "Mileage XS" product, and here's the response I got--
"We do not tune for E-85 flex-fuel and/or hydrogen programming. If you install the programming from one of our programmers - you will have to use the correct octane that matches the program you have installed."

Wrong answer!

Predator's advertising says they handle flex-fuel, but amazingly there's not a mention of it on their web site! And they don't answer e-mail directly. You have to go through their forum.

Are there any other tuners out there that handle Flex-Fuel? I just want to know all the options. Having JennaBear do it is top of my list right now.

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HP tuners can do it. I've been using it on my 03 hoe for about a year. One thing you need to be aware of is if your system has a sensor in the tank (like mine does) it will pick up on ANY ethanol content. I had a tough time tuning mine because no matter what I did the Stoich point wouldn't change from ~13.6 when I thought it should be 14.7 (gas). I forgot my gas was E-10 and that is the Stoich point for e-10.