Virtual flex fuel sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wilsonro

Reaction score
:help:I have a 2007 LTZ with Flex Fuel, been having problems with the ECM getting the wrong information from the VFFS, so it richens the fuel to the point where the engine starts rough when cold, engine light comes on and the code says bank 2 rich and then shortly after stabile-track light comes in. I live in Alaska and this vehicle has never seen E85 or will it, just want to get ride of this function, seem to find no answers anywhere. GM service center says the only fix is resetting the ECM once the condition becomes to rich and the stabile track service light comes in with this condition. Which once reset goes away and the engine runs fine, it last about 4 months. It cost 52$ every time to reset. I seen for the older models up to 06, the Replicator from T&S Electronics has a module that bypasses the sensor which is off the gas line, coming off the tank. The 07 has the VFFS which from what I understand comes off a senor on the exhaust system so the above 150$ fix will not work. Our fuel in Alaska is very good and burns different then other refined fuels in the 48s. I have an Arctic Cat snow go and the company actually flew up here and drove my sled for 300 with there computer hooked to it, they ended up changing the programming in the ECM, which was programmed in Minnesota where they run E85 and other gasoline/ethanol mixtures. This again, is in a totally different engine which was acting the same, running to rich to the point of fowling spark plugs because the computer wanted to add to much fuel. Sorry for the book, any help would be greatly appreciated.