fogs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Silverstar for headlights, and OEM in the fogs on my 03 Yukon. Without going HID yet, what would be a brighter upgrade? Silverstars again? It shows 880 as the part number...but before I grab some, thoughts on a better, brighter OEM replacement?

thanks in advance!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Silverstar for headlights, and OEM in the fogs on my 03 Yukon. Without going HID yet, what would be a brighter upgrade? Silverstars again? It shows 880 as the part number...but before I grab some, thoughts on a better, brighter OEM replacement?

thanks in advance!

I got silverstar fogs and for 20 bucks a bulb It made no difference. Whiter but not much brighter. Much better to go to HIDS. Anything brighter in the halagon margin and you will completly melt those housings. Find a ebay kit for 50-75 bucks and call it done. ITS MUCH MORE WORTH IT!!!!!:D

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe its just me with bad luck with fogs, but ive had to replace 3 fog light assy's since i bought my hoe a yr ago. i learned after my 1st set of ruined silverstars, (after about a week), that there was no need to have expensive bulbs in there. just my 2 cents.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my 06 which i had for about 2 calander years it never once had a fog light housing get busted, and I beat that truck to bits, gravel roads, driving through corn fields. plowing through sand hills, etc. Now before i went HID I was replaceing bulbs left and right. so a 150 kit from mike was perfect. Infact i still have all those kits in my garage. Even the one that I had on the mustang when I wrecked it.

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an HID kit in the lows and the fogs this weekend. Sooo worth it.
I went with a kit from vvme 4500k.
The fogs are so bright that the lows are'nt even needed.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIDS!!!
IMG_0045.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an HID kit in the lows and the fogs this weekend. Sooo worth it.
I went with a kit from vvme 4500k.
The fogs are so bright that the lows are'nt even needed.

I just ordered a kit from them. Great price. Gunna put one on the jeep till i sell it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boost, hell yeah, dude. Those look rad.

RT, Good call, more lights.

I have been so deprived man. Its been 1 whole month with out an order for super bright lights that i dont need. Hell. the jeep is on ebay and the ad will probably end before I receive them LOL.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're hids. 6000k. I fvckin love em but they really piss people off if you're a jackass and run them at night lol.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're hids. 6000k. I fvckin love em but they really piss people off if you're a jackass and run them at night lol.

When i had fogs on my 06 I would only use them if people were going 20 mph below the speedlimit. Or if they cut infront of me. Other than that, bad weather (day or night), or off road. THEY ROCKED:D

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a kit from them. Great price. Gunna put one on the jeep till i sell it.

These kits work pretty well. I had the same kits on my GTO, lows and fogs for over a year and a half with not one problem.
Both kits with spare bulbs shipped for around $200... Gotta love that.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see I'd like more light at night, all the time, but don't want everyone flashing me ticked because I'm blinding them...I also head PIAA lights?

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fogs are low enough that it should not be a problem.
The lows on the other hand, would be good to have them in projectors IMO.

tahoeman

Reaction score
What is HID?

I want to upgrade my lights and fogs with something brighter since I travel to Scotts Valley everyday. I just replaced the fogs with 880 Silverstars and not much diff. Kragens doesnt carry the Silverstars anymore so I went with another type and not much better at 50.00 a pair
Thanks

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HID High Intensity Discharge or Xenon
The bulbs use a xenon gas that burns super bright.
They take a ballast to work, kind of like flourecent(spelling?) lighting.