Foose Df-6 24" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
This is rant but I just want to vent and let people know how frustrated I am MHT and Foose Wheels….This is my experience and my opinion nothing more….

I just wanted to post WARNING!!!! to all regarding the Foose DF-6 wheels. Let me start by saying that I wanted these wheels from the moment that I saw them, they are in my opinion one of the best looking wheels made. The problem I have is with the quality or lack there of with the lip of the wheel. The lip is not part of the wheel at all, it is actually a very thin steel beauty plate that is about as durable as a soda can. I recently have been having major problems with my Tahoe (as you all know from my Lemon Post) and I had flatbed towed my Tahoe to the dealer last week, in the process of the Tow the driver strapped down each wheel and when we got to the dealer every wheel was buckled where the tow straps where. There are J-hooks on the frame that the driver should have used but hey things happen. I thought no biggie I can just have the thin steel lip re-skinned….wrong! After calling many shops I found out the wheel are toast! They can not be fixed! Foose does not sell the thin steel beauty lip for the wheel and told me I had to buy new wheels. Well MHT who makes Foose wheels did not return my emails or phone calls but every shop told me the same thing.

This is crazy to me, something so minute and should be easy to fix can not be fixed. Now I have my Tahoe at this guys Tow Yard and I have to make him buy me 4 new wheels at $900 a piece and I think it is BS. I am not one to take advantage of people but apparently Chip Foose and MHT are…. I think that this is just a slimy and sleazy way for these guys to sell more wheels. They disgust me...

Please think twice about buying any MHT or Foose Products guys…:mad:

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about all your troubles...i hope it all turns around for the better for you.

thanks for the truth about the fooses' though...

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
I am at the shop getting the TIS 07 Blacks put on right now.... You know I was in a pretty bad mood when I wrote that rant this morning, I feel a lot better now.

six7one

Reaction score
Hey B,

Sorry hear about the rims, you would think a big company like MHT would back up there product!! give me a call when you get the TIS rims mounted, so I could come by and check them out, are you still working at the same spot? let me know...

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
I ended up getting the TIS 10 because they only had the 07 in chrome. The truck is still at the shop....should get it tomorrow in the am.

Auburn

Reaction score
We looked at MHT wheels for our widebody Z and ended up not going with them because they finally said they could not make them in the size/offsets we wanted. Our wheel shop had not used MHT before they tried for us and said when they did get some MHT wheels in, they were not blanced and not good wheels. They were going to steer their customers away from them last I heard.