For those of you with Smoked tails...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moneymayweather

Reaction score
A. How long have you had them?

B. Have you ever been harrassed/ pulled over / given a ticket?

C. How much was the fine?

D. Do you still have them?

I just got the 5%tint all around and want to smoke the tails which I know will only attract more attention from the fuzz.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tails have been smoked for almost 9 months now, had 5% tint or almost a year, and no front plate (tx). been pulled over and harassed 4 or 5 times atleast. (all troopers) only 1 ticket for tint....oh yeah my headlights are fully smoked too now.... Damn troopers

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had them on my 07 with 5% tint all around to match up and got a ticket in Texas for $187!

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 5% all around on my 07 Denali and have not pulled over, maybe because I have LE tags on my Denali. Law Enforcement it stands for and my badge also helps, a few perks of being a Sheriff.

Mextahoe24

Reaction score
lolol here on Mexico i dont get even dawm stop by the cops they just see me and salute me guess they are scred of my truck cause u know here where i live there lots of big drug dealers they might thinkim one of them lol...

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 5% all around on my 07 Denali and have not pulled over, maybe because I have LE tags on my Denali. Law Enforcement it stands for and my badge also helps, a few perks of being a Sheriff.
where can i get one of those stickers?:smilielol:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the ticket for the tails, and yeah in Texas they're aren't illegal but not favored by DPS but aren't legal either, which basically means its at the cops dicretion to give somebody a ticket for those!

gundog

Reaction score

Better think about what you just stated. Not very professional and certainely not a credit to the law enforcement profession.
!

Last edited:

ZachXSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better think about waht you just stated. Not very professional and certainely not a credit to the law enforcement profession.
!

Your talking Crap over window tint, shut the hell up. My whole family are Law Enforcement.. Sheriff's and State Troopers. They all have tinted windows, Cops don't give cops Bull**** window tint tickets, Good cops have real crimes to take care of and don't need to worry about window tint. Maybe you should worry about your self.:gy:

Last edited:

gundog

Reaction score
Whether one has tint or not is of really no concern. To each his own but what is good for one is good for all as far as I'm concerned.

To others who may read this, Please be advised that most cops are professional and would never act as ZachXSmith has. He is the 10 percent that gives law enforcement a bad name. If he is a cop, I supsect he is a rookie and will not last long unless he is with an agency that has serious problems and cannot afford to hire qualified people or train professional law enforcement officers.

Notice how he puts himself above the law as if it does not apply to him and his unprofessional attitude? This is a true indication of his character. Please don't judge all law enforcement officers by this individuals actions, he is the exception. If he is truly a LEO which I doubt, he is at least not an ethical cop, I bet he would never diclose what agency he is with in fear of them knowing his true character .

I have spent 37 years in law enforcement, to see this unethical display of character by someone purporting to be a law enforcement officer is disgusting. I will not respond further to any of his unethical remarks and hope he does not make a further spectacle of himself, back to the subject, enough said!

Last edited:

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gundog - I applaud you!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

ZachXSmith & - Denali132 - Such fine examples you're setting. You should be ashamed of yourselves as a disgrace to the badge if you think you are above the law. NO ONE, even those in law enforcement, is above the law. :nonod: :nonod: :nonod:

Back to the original question of this thread - tinting the headlights and tail lights is illegal for a very good reason - SAFETY. Not only for your safety but for the safety of others. Don't do it!!!

ZachXSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we all see and hear about school shooting everyday, Rape Case's, Kids killing each other, and their Parents, people starving, Natural Disasters. One would Think maybe you would take some of that concern for "window tint" and apply it to a more usefull position. I'm glad that 37 years of Law Enforcement has made you believe the real law breakers are the people that tint their windows. As far as I'm concerned your the joke of a so called badge. Good Day to you
Also I believe 99% of cops would agree.

tanker

Reaction score
ZachX Smith & Denali132 are certainely not poster boys for law enforcement. If they are law enforcement, they are a disgrace to the profession!

I did not read that gundog mentioned anything about window tinting being a serious crime, just the opposite. His concern was of the unprofessional character of someone representing themself as a LEO which would be concern of any professional LEO.

Thanks gundog for setting the record straight.

Last edited:

ZachXSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never Claimed to be a cop, But 6 members of my family are
4 sheriffs, 1 state, and a small town Local. All have very important things to take care of besides window tint.
I'm scarred of the day when cop's start having your mind set

tanker

Reaction score
I'll give Denali132 credit. He is likely a young cop and miss spoke and now realizes he knows better being a cop. He did not respond as ZachSmith has and make a idiot of himself. ZachSmith's law enforcement family would certainely be embarresed by his actions.