front Passenger side window rattle..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeokter

Reaction score
It started a few days ago. First i would roll it up half way and it stopped. Now it has to be rolled up 80% for the rattle noise to stop. Ive installed speakers on that door so maybe that did something. Posting cuz i wanna get a better idea of what it could be. I dont just want to go in blind and try to fix it? any ideas? Has the window rattled on anybody else that has installed speakers on that door? the power windows work fine but the noise is annoying!

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this and there was no issue.

IMG_1039.jpg

Double check the wire harness running in there. Its kinda sloppy anyway.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL....Its mostly temporary. Just so I can try various drivers before I make my own panel. I will be fiberglassing a nice panel once my driver decision is firm.(when is it?) I'm going to play with some 8" and maybe when I make my own panel get a 10" midbass not sure yet....lol

The woes of audio you know.

kingkon

Reaction score
LOL....Its mostly temporary. Just so I can try various drivers before I make my own panel. I will be fiberglassing a nice panel once my driver decision is firm.(when is it?) I'm going to play with some 8" and maybe when I make my own panel get a 10" midbass not sure yet....lol

The woes of audio you know.

8'S or 10's for a door????? Little big would ya say. A good quality 5.25 component would of been more than enough set up correctly.. or if you just wanted it custom with fiberglass (2) 5.25 components would have been good.
just my opinion. Good luck

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8'S or 10's for a door????? Little big would ya say. A good quality 5.25 component would of been more than enough set up correctly.. or if you just wanted it custom with fiberglass (2) 5.25 components would have been good.
just my opinion. Good luck

I'm trying to get everything to keep up with 2 BTL 18's. I do appreciate your concern and definitely know where you are coming from.

Thanks.

"My new Project" is the thread. I have to update.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may also have a rattle from the track and motor. Just give a slight tug around the motor and stuff. Its a little pliable and you may be able to shift the track a hair bit and it may go away.