Fuel Gauge Stuck on Full

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1star2

Reaction score
I am having problems with the fuel guage on my '01 Denali. I filled it up last week and it still shows full. I know it isn't full because I have probably put about 100 miles on it since then. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try or do I need to take it in?

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO FILL UP AGAIN!!!!!!

On a serious note, if I was to guess, I'd say it was something with the sending unit that reads the level of the fuel. Although, these things are notorious for the gauges going on the fritz, it doesn't necessarily sound like this is what it is to me. I'm just spit-balling here though.

1star2

Reaction score
So if it was the sending unit, is that something easy to fix or do I need to get into the tank to replace it?

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never done it on one of these, so I'm not sure. If I remember right, in the older trucks they were in the tank. Someone else might be able to chime in here and help out.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHERE do you live?? I must find this gas station!!

lol j/k, i used to have pretty bad issues on my old dodge with the fuel gauge, never got it fixed either, i just read my miles and refilled every 250 miles or so to be safe