Fuel Pump reference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeysworld

Reaction score
Going to buy a new puel pump/sender unit for my 1999 tahoe: Non RFI

Does anyone have any online reference for any good deals?

Rick90467

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't base your purchase on price for this item. Go with OEM or NAPA, for some reason the after market pumps tend to fail at a high rate. But, gmpartsdirect.com has them listed at $81.

joeysworld

Reaction score
Let me rephrase that....

Looking to buy a quality fuelpump/sending unit for a good price: Any reference?

Last edited:

joeysworld

Reaction score
I keep hearing that oem pumps are better. I just did call NAPA and they said that the non-RFI sending unit/pump is made by CARTER. Thats the same pump KRAGEN had as well for some $30 less.

diy_dad

Reaction score
Saw this site on another forum http://repairpal.com/chevrolet-tahoe-1999 put in your info and it said:About this Repair: Fuel Pump Replacement for your 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe
What to watch out for

A clogged fuel filter or problems with the electrical system powering the fuel pump can result in symptoms similar to a failed fuel pump. Have the shop verify that the pump is the problem.

* The parts for the Fuel Pump Replacement service on your Chevrolet Tahoe tend to have a wide range in prices, even for parts of similar quality. You may benefit from checking around to compare the prices at different shops.

Recommendations

The fuel filter should always be replaced with the fuel pump.

Why this happens

A failing fuel pump will not create enough pressure in the fuel system, potentially resulting in a loss of engine power.

Fuel pumps require replacement if they leak or begin making too much noise, which is a sign of malfunction.

joeysworld

Reaction score
Just changed my fuel filter yesterday as I finally installed the new fuel pump/sending unit into the fuel tank.