Gas Tank Filler Hose Lowering Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyler_leatherman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a '99 two-door about a year ago and love it. It has some minor cosmetic issues, and a a shopping cart smashed a dent in my door a while ago... BUT that's beside the point.

My fuel pump went out recently, and the boys in the shop noticed that the gas filler hose vent line was disconnected and just hanging down, and that a drop-shackle was smashed square in the middle of my gas tank filler hose. They plugged the vent line so dirt wouldn't get up in there, and now it takes about 15 min to fill my tank, because I have to barely squeeze the pump handle, otherwise gas shoots back out because the pressure isn't equalized.

So obviously whoever lowered this beast before I owned it didn't do their homework...

Question is, what can I do? Is there a way to fit a new hose on there to wrap around the shackle? Or am I going to have remove the shackles, find some OEM ones, and slap them on there along with some drop leafs to keep the same stance?

Has anyone else had problems with this or their gas tank?

I wish there was something I could do with the stock tank, it's pretty unattractive and gets in the way hanging down in the back.

OkcLarryD

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my filler hose on my '97. I've studied it for hours it seems and haven't come up with a solution. Yet.